It's been 25 days

Hi everyone. 27 from the Gold Coast, Australia.

I’ve just found this app and forum. I guess I’m here to say ive been clean 25 days. I’m no stranger to relapse and rock bottom… infact rock bottom would be my second home.

It’s been hard the last few years with my meth addiction. Prison, losing people I loved, the love of my life, everything. I’m finally at the stage where the determination is real. It’s this time that I realize im alone. I know so many people, but yet im alone… my old life consisted of drug users who aren’t there for me as a lot of people would understand. Does it really get better? Will I ever be happy again?

2 Likes

@Brenno yes, it does get better. Get yourself in the inner circle of recovery, meet new people in recovery, start helping others. You’ll meet great people like yourself walking a beautiful journey. The friendships will be high quality. We become who we hang around. What are you doing specifically for your sobriety?

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile: I started going gym everyday and running every night. I can see the awesome people on this forum so ill definitely be staying here talking to you guys! )

1 Like

Look in a recovery program as well, like AA or SMART to be part of the fellowship and build a solid foundation of sobriety