Just starting out!

Hey guys! So I’m totally new to this blog but thought I’d give it a try! Today is my 5th day sober! Tuesday 3/14 I ended up in the emergency room with severe stomach pains. Come to find out I have caused myself severe pancreatitis due to my drinking. I’m still in the hospital and may be released tomorrow but not sure. I’m terrified about going home, I was told if I drink again I will die. I’m so scared. But I have good support for the most part so wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Very scary! I’m sorry, it’s gotten that far. I hope I was able to stop before I did any permanent damage. My father had pancreatitis as well, and that was 10-15 yrs ago. He’s still alive! He severed any bonds we had along time ago.

Welcome to the community! There’s a couple diehards on here that never quit posting. Surf the threads, gather the info if you have any question ask. Feel free to post whatever you feel is revalavent.

Some people get real personal, while others just sit back and read.

Thank you!! It’s good to know this is such a big community of people to have to talk to! It’s comforting!

1 Like

Welcome to sobriety @Laurie. You’ll find the people here walking the recovery path with you. Here’s some stuff to read to get you on your way

Different Aspects of Recovery