Keep relapsing

Hi to all am looking for some support or advice. I’ve been in and out of recovery since 2011. Ive been 1 year sober, nearly 2 year sober, 18 month sober and end up with a relapsing. Recently had a baby well 10 months ago, through time I pulled away from meetings and my sponsor to focus on my family. On the 30th March I picked up a drink and this continued for 6 days and I was able to stop with support from my partner and a friend. Am now 12 days sober but struggled yesterday, I got through it. I went to a AA meeting tonight and it made me feel abit sad hearing the shares. I want recovery so much but struggle at times.

4 Likes

1-2 years sobriety is better than I’ve managed yet.

You seem to have the hang of quitting, so just focus on those times and don’t beat yourself up. It’s tough raising a baby, especially around the 1 year mark. I had a big relapse when mine turned 1. You just gotta move on.

Peppermint tea has seen me through!

2 Likes

Being sober for your child will be the greatest gift you could give him/her and yourself.
I was sober for the last 22 months of my son’s life.
While I sometimes despise myself for the time I lost.with him bc I drank, those months can never be taken from me and they allow me to forgive myself and sleep at night.
Best,
Chandler

4 Likes

Hey @Samantha_Graham and welcome to the forum! You’ve had solid lengths of sobriety and that is something nobody can take away.

I see a number of people out here today struggling with slip/relapse. I would recommend spending some time studying relapse prevention and how to deal with cravings. Some good resources are in these posts:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

1 Like