Keeping on keeping on?

I am not being negative. I just wonder where we go from here? How long do we stay? What are our obligations?

1 Like

that is up to you. i choose to be on here now, not only for support but because i like to see people iv known for months now, continiue to flourish in their sobriety and then see what other people are going through and if i can relate to anything. There is no finish line for sobriety. Sobriety IS living at least i think so now. Use the forum for as long as you wish, but i assure you if you stay around long enough you wont want to leave

9 Likes

Thank you. I am very shy and was afraid to post. I read of all the trials and tribulations and resets

3 Likes

its alright to break out of your shell on here. Feel free to post anytime you want, lots of good support at your fingertips. :slight_smile: how far along are you in your recovery?

5 Likes

Not very far. .only 9 days

3 Likes

thatā€™s pretty awesome, over a week. your past the worst withdrawal symptoms and im sure you are feeling better than you were a week ago.

2 Likes

Yes. But that part isnā€™t so hard for me. I can go weeks without but then when I do.:fearful:

2 Likes

Well thank you for acknowledging my post. That was my biggest fear. Nobody would care or respond. But you did so thank you.

4 Likes

well now you have somewhere to go if you are feeling like wanting a drink. :smiley: you can check in on this thread daily if you wish:

And some other helpful links to get you started,

http://talkingsober.com/t/great-article-on-how-to-set-up-your-plan-relapse-prevention/5913?u=steve92&source_topic_id=10694

4 Likes

Ok wow! That is ALOT of great information. In the next week introduce myself [I hope] and share my life as you have all done with mešŸ˜‰

4 Likes

Hey!, first of all welcome :slight_smile: , know that you got to a great place full of incredibly inspirational , positive and supportive people , who will never doubt on helping and giving you advice.
I know what you mean , and I have actually asked myself the same question. Will I need this app forever? Will I ever be able to do this by myself?
The way I see it now , is that hopefully one day I can go with my life without the need of asking for daily support but I would love to continue participating of the forum. Giving back the same support and love I received during , this time , the beggining of this journey.
I think the fight against addiction will last forever , sadly. Itā€™s something we truly have to take Day by day. But having the chance to come here and get that extra motivation we need from people who truly understands what weā€™ve been through , no matter in what stage of our journey we are , I hope never ends.
Am sure this will be an amazing experience for you and count on me.

7 Likes

Welcome @Bseven7 :slight_smile: I agree with all of the above.
Personally, I came for the forum, and through it I have learned so much about poison - formerly known as alcohol - and addiction.
But I gained so much more!! - A sober family! And who could walk away from that, who would want to? And the great thing is, this family grows bigger by the day.

I come here frequently throughout the day, not because I need to but because I want to. I want to know how you are all getting on.

Sobriety is a way of life, a journey, and we all travel this journey together.

Besides, how else would I see regular pictures of @Steve92ā€™s gorgeous puppy?! :wink: :heart_eyes:

I hope to see you around here lots more :smile:

6 Likes

Hi @Bseven7, I reckon everyone arriving hereā€™s a bit nervous at first, but youā€™re going to find so many decent, caring people that I bet that initial worry will disappear within days or probably less!
Iā€™m coming up to 5 months sober and found the forum a few weeks after giving up. Itā€™s been enormously helpful and although Iā€™ve toyed with not using the forum, now that Iā€™m ā€˜soberā€™ I come back because I enjoy it! And hopefully contribute a little.

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you , thank you all. I appreciate the welcome and look forward to getting to know you allā€‹:blush::blush:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome!

I log on every morning to check my counter, then I read some posts and sometimes post an update of my own.

Before I close out of the app and go to work I tell myself ā€œIā€™m not going to drink today.ā€ Reading otherā€™s stories and adding my own help me to commit to not drinking today.

You sound like me, where itā€™s not hard in the beginning, but you donā€™t stick with it over time. Iā€™m not comfortable saying Iā€™ll never drink again ever for the rest of my life, but I am OK with committing not to drink TODAY. Then today turns into tomorrow, and so on, and Iā€™m proud of my sobriety counter. Daily check ins help me remember why Iā€™m doing this, and strengthens my resolve.

Welcome!

4 Likes

Hi @Bseven7 (waving) :raising_hand: Welcome! You just got loaded up with great information and great people on this forum. I think a lot of us are shy in real life but here you can really pour your heart out. Please feel free to vent, share, add topics, help others, etc. No judgement here. Weā€™re all on the same journeyā€¦to get and stay soberā€¦a day at a time.
I continue to come here because they are like my 2nd family. Theyā€™ve been on this journey with me the whole timeā€¦I help and get helpā€¦itā€™s a beautiful thing. I love watching peopleā€™s lifeā€™s change and progress in sobriety.

2 Likes

Welcome and I found this forum by accident. I was told by my counselor at rehab I ought to have a counter. So I got this one. I was playing with the counting functions and clicked on the community? And it took me a second to figure it out and I started to read a few posts. I didnā€™t post anything until I got out of rehab and early on it was only in the checking in daily (I thought that being accountable would be good for me). But the more I visited I have got to ā€œvirtually knowā€ some of these folks and Iā€™m cheering for them! I want to see them and you succeed. And yes itā€™s a place I can come vent and putting it out in the world helps. I hope you can get the same thing from this forum as me. Good luck. And we will be here to give you some support when you want or need it.

4 Likes

90 days here in going strong one day at time

3 Likes

Honestly it really helps. Keep going strong

1 Like

Same as me. Then I can drink everyday for a week.
Well done on 9 days x

2 Likes