Keeping the faith when Jobless & trying 2 stay sober tough gig

79 days sober and I have been under alot of stress because I have been job hunting here in a new city Atlanta. A trigger for me is stress but Im going to meetings, working out and taking care of myself. Sometimes it seems really tough to stay sober with so much uncertainty. I know I will get a job eventually but the unknown is killer. Just had to get out of my head. I know these feelings will pass.

1 Like

You are doing great. Keep believing in yourself and your strength, everything will happen the way it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

You got this! Stress sucks but I’m willing to bet you’re really strong. Congrats on your progress. 79 days is AMAZING. Keep going! I hope you get a job soon!

2 Likes

I’m with you. Been unemployed for 3 months and used to drink because of the anxiety. We got this!

Hi @Danielle_Nicole_Oval I feel for you. Job hunting has been a major source of stress and triggers for me, and probably caused my last 2 relapses. @Zara just started a new topic were we can discuss some of these issues. It’s here:

1 Like

@JohnSee cool i will defintely check it out, its nice to know im not alone. Job hunting is not fun because of the anticipation of whether or not you got the job, it is just annoying for me & selling myself is very difficult for me to do as well. The whole process of interviewing is garbage, thats why I loved doing Uber so much, you are your own boss it was nice doing while living in Vegas.

Thanks Reign, I hope I get a job soon too. Thanks for the support. ,:grin::+1:

1 Like

Thank Sunshine4mee, its just a rough road ahead just trying to stay positive and not drink!!

Great job staying sober while dealing with the pressure and sometimes anxiety that come with being between jobs. I quit my job in early November in order to have a better quality of life and to try and get sober. Unbeknownst it would take me until February 28th to be back on the job once again.

1 Like