Living in Houston fighting to stay sober and stay clean for good

I moved to Houston TX from my hometown​ in Louisiana called natchitoches with a guy I thought was my friend and knew for years but it turnt sour quick. Before the blow up i had to remove myself from my family w didn’t give good support but i love them regardless and I didn’t want this to get out to my family and People I know and me and my sister was having some deep root family problems and it was stressful to my health being positive. I couldn’t get proper help so I moved here for help.So when I got settle in that day ,he started talking about using Cocaine and partying amd he wouldn’t stop and I told him Im not doing that fast forward his birthday comes and so excited for to have. His plan wasn’t to celebrate his birthday.Its was to have to get high and have sex with me and I so we went to the birthday party we started drinking and some how was feeling so good I stop caring about being sober.i took the drugs and did .He began to buy more and more that night and then everytime we went he pushed the getting high.I knew this was gone trigger​ me to search for a stronger high and we was gone to end up not being cool afterwards cause the drug abuse was gone create this ego of mines where i become aware of.his attention and be bold to call him and react so I ended up back on the use of meth until 1 ago I decided to be sober and do the right thing and get help but I have been in different space due to drug use and abuse to I just realized that’s I’m being evicted and face being drop from college today and I have to move by Monday and I have to get my meds and services taken care its crazy how meth will ruin your reality and routine and even social relationship and unhappy and I’m stressed and overwhelmed and alone today I’m going to try to make the best of my situation and fix what I can and do what is right and not give up but if you guys can show me a better practice for soberity or overcoming addiction or anything that I talk about in the paragraph please do I’m located in Houston TX and im trying to get thru this alone and it’s hard but I’m not giving up just exhausted from fighting this addiction and trying to stay within dealing with down fall of recovery I lost my way and I’m trying find myself but I keep being surrounded by bitter, negative, manipulative and insidious people who will love to see me self destruct and give up I know I don’t want to go back to being on drugs I rather fight for my life and happiness and success but when you lose everything and no one is around geniunly you end up in the same crowd just like I might have to go stay with guy in Ohio for a roof over my head cuz I lost my place he has been messaging me on Facebook for very long term I never responded till I was high few weeks ago and it seemlike he was trying get my attention like gentleman and offer me to come there for support but for some reason when I took time to research how to address fast decision like this I found a few tips and advice and question to go by and soon as I use them as self help tools I see he not the guy I thought it’s like I know this person and what they about but I kinda can’t handle being homeless and losing school and my health so it’s lose or lose situation and I’m scared but I’m being strong he is one of those guys who sense your in need and feeds off your problems and struggle to control and something else just not sure tho but he acting different now then before and it’s so obvious but if I call it out he like I’m the problem I really hope this is not what I might have to do help pleae

● Moving from place to place thinking somehow it will be diffetent…it’s called the geographical cure and it doesn’t work. Everywhere you go, there you are. There’s some inner self work to be done. No one is responsible for you but yourself.

●.Get into a solid recovery program like AA, NA, SMART. There’s absolutely no reason to struggle and do it alone. You’ll be acountable, you’ll focus on the real issues as to why you’re using, you’ll learn how to walk through triggers, you’ll learn tools for life situations. If you don’t, it will keep happening.

● If you are truly serious about getting sober and you feel you’ve gone down far enough in your addiction (the pain is much greater than the pleasure), you should be willing to do something different that what you’ve been doing. Absolutely no one can control what you do if you don’t let them. You are responsible for your own choices in health, sobriety, and happiness. You are not a victim.

1 Like