Looking forward

Hi. I’m a 31yr old recovering heroin addict. I’ve been using hard drugs since the young age of 12. So I’ve spent more time being wasted than sober. What an accomplishment huh. Anyhow, I’m here now 18 days clean because I’m tired of being sick and tired and I’m ready to live and love my life as I was intended to. I also have a son 4yr old who needs me more than ever to be a better mommy. And I’m ready and willing. One day at a time.

7 Likes

Welcome! You’ll get lots of support here, and hopefully strength to continue your journey.

Read the forums, ask questions, try to answer question or share experiences.

I’ve found it very therapeutic, sharing my thoughts of sobriety and experiences.

Your not the only one on this little blue dot called earth floating through space that needs a friend :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m in need of it!

Thank you for the warm welcome :blush:

1 Like

That’s a huge thing that you’re doing. Very admirable! I know you can pull through this with the strength of your determination, and the support you have here! Kids deserve our very best, so I know when yours is old enough to hear this story, then it will mean so much! My son was born, and I tried to quit smoking for him. I tried, but couldn’t right away. Eventually I broke my 24 year smoking career for my precious son! Addiction is addiction, and each person suffers the same on their own level! Best of luck here!!

1 Like

Hi @j_lynn nd welcome to the forum. :wave:

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’m really going to strive to stay clean and put my recovery 100% this time. Congratulations on quitting smoking. I’ve been an addict for as long as I could remember, but never got addicted to smoking. But I know it’s hard. I’m sure your son is proud of his daddy!

Hello @JohnSee thanks for the useful info. I’m trying to get the hang of how this works.