March book?

@Kaylanicole91 Congrats on 163 days!!! That’s awesome! I looked up sober on meetup.com and found a sober girl book club meetup that I’m going to go to. Maybe you could check that out in your area and start a meetup if there’s not? The book the club is reading is called A Girl Walks Out of a Bar. I can’t remember the author. Right now I’m also reading Unwasted by Sacha Z. Scoblic, which is okay. I read Drinking-A Love Story years ago and liked it. I still have it so I’m going to reread it in the near future. I really loved Smashed-Story of a Drunken Girlhood by Koren Zailckas! Related to it a lot. I’m a big fan of memoirs as well.

I would love to do a book club on here! That being said, I’m reading like twenty different books right now. To make it easier, maybe we could make a conversation thread for the individual books and everyone can contribute at their own pace, whether they are currently reading it, thinking about reading it, have read it or aren’t reading it but still have something to say. Just a thought! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Steve92 , i cant believe i made it this far lol this is my longest sober stretch yet! @MelB im up for whatever really. I just wanna do a book club so bad lol i think it will be a positive experience

1 Like

I’m still getting caught up on February too, but I’m catching up quick! I have this book and read half in December. This book was a breakthrough on so many levels, I’m in.

I think this is a great idea. It takes advantage of the fact that Time and Space don’t exist in the same way on the internet. It also means that nobody needs to feel alone. Let’s do it.

2 Likes

I agree!! @Elisabeth U have any books u
recommend??

2 Likes

I’ve had (and I think other people on here recommended them to me) these two on my kindle app as samples for months, but haven’t read them yet:
:book: A happier hour by Rebecca Weller
:book: Blackout remembering the things I drank to forget by Sarah Hepola

Thanks @Oliverjava this one sounds interesting.

1 Like

Type in Sobriety Memoirs on Amazon and you’ll stay busy for awhile

1 Like

Hi. I just read Girl Walks Our of a Bar, and Happier Hour. Liked them both.

1 Like

Cherry, Lit, and The Liar’s Club are all great books by Mary Karr

1 Like

Hey! I tend to like memoirs surrounding mental health issues (with substance abuse along the way). I have Prozac Nation and Girl, Interrupted both on my book list (they both have movie adaptations). I don’t know if anyone else is interested in these types of books.

@MissQuinn I am! :hand_splayed:

I own Prozac Nation, but it’s been forever. I’ve always wanted to read Girl, Interrupted. Count me in, I love these types of books.

2 Likes

Oh awesome @Elisabeth ! I’m in the middle of reading 2 other books at the moment so maybe we can set Girl, Interrupted for an April goal?

1 Like

Yaaaas! I’ll get it on my kindle. :smile: anyone else in here that wants to join, please do!

2 Likes

@Oliverjava yes, thanks. I will be doing that! I see you just created one, I will follow the same subject/pattern.

1 Like

Kindles seriously make life so much easier. My husband just got me one for Valentine’s Day. I’ve already read one book, almost finished a second, and started a third. Madness.

This sounds like a good idea. Like already stated, no one will feel alone. And by seeing all the different books people are reading, we will never run out of ideas for books to read!

@Oliverjava. Just created this book thread:

I’ve been wanting to read Girl Interrupted so bad! It’s on my Amazon wishlist! I’m in @Elisabeth @MissQuinn !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just ordered it! Lol sounds really good. Might be just the thing I need!