My girlfriend just pushed me to the brink

My girlfriend just misinterpreted a saying we have where I come from and now she’s pissed. Been clean for some time now and this is just pushing me to take that drink/drug to runaway from it all…

2 Likes

No one pushes you. You are in control of you. You answer for you. You decide for you. I do understand the stressors, I promise I do.
Your sobriety is yours.
Best,
Chandler

15 Likes

Thanks chandler13. I’m bipolar so I know I’m easy to push over the edge. But I’m holding on. This is my fist real bump in the road since I stopped drinking so I’m kind of lost. It’s hard as shit. How is it going for you?

1 Like

Don’t take any shit from yourself

I know but it’s harder sometimes. But thanx for the support. That really makes a difference. Right now im kinda on a downward spiral but you guys in here really help. And again I’m really thankful for your support.

Don’t give her the power. You have the choice to pick up our not. I hope all goes well. Stay strong!

3 Likes

Thanks Roga and Mewilhoward! I’m a long time alcoholic so I’ve just hit my threshold. Kinda balancing right know but your support means a lot! Gonna keep strong like you said Roga and Mewil, I don’t wanna regret it in hindsight. Thank you all so much!

I can relate to girlfriend and stressors. In the end she will come around and understand. She might have been upset but when she calms down she will know what you meant.

You wont be able to get all the days of sobriety back so hang in there pal.

Proud of your progress

I am with you :call_me_hand:

That’s really true. Haven’t thought about that. I don’t mind the others they know me. But do I really know that thought about myself till now. Good way in seeing things from that perspective! Thanks!

1 Like

That’s insuring to here.
Girlfriends can be a pushing factor, even though they don’t know it.
Im going to stay strong and hope that it comes to a good end.

Thanks for being there friend :metal:

2 Likes

@Maiolino how long have you been sober/clean? I have been through that same situation & it use to work, but then I knew I was only using it 4 an excuse 2 take 1 drink, that turned into multiple. It will never be just 1 & if you allow then u will always be making excuses 2 have a drink. Sometimes u have to take some time 2 yourself so you can think and remember why you stop drinking to begin with.

@Maiolino, Being bipolar myself I known as you know we have to keep on our medication. Or we become “our own worst enemies” that we cause “ourselves more damage” than anybody else can . And if we keep on her medication nobody can push us anywhere. That we are very strong human beings and very determined and very successful in life. When on our meds. WE shouldn’t be drinking to begin with so I hope we aren’t mixing the two because I can become very deadly, as well as you should know that. Are you going to meetings that would be a good place to start. If she’s getting under your skin you know you can do meetings online now. You don’t even have to leave the house that’s a good thing an online meeting. I do them all the time. It might be some where you want to start or maybe a timeout when she starts to get on your nerves. Maybe you should go for a walk to get away from her, or for her to be able to get away from you, I know that helps for me sometimes. Good luck remember to take your meds because us bipolars are “very self-destructive.” And if we don’t take our meds we are our own worst enemies we really need to remember that.:crossed_fingers:. Those that are not bipolar don’t know this but you do from one bipolar to another we’ve got to stick together to “keep ourselves out of trouble and out of danger.” :broken_heart::broken_heart:GOOD LUCK!!!, I in no way am telling you what to do. My heart just hurts because I’ve been there… Remember " just because we feel good doesn’t mean we don’t need our medication!!!"

Thanks for the support @toychapman03
I’ve been clean for 1 month and 22 days! And you?

2 Likes

Your so right. We are dangerous to ourselves. I easy go to the self destructive side. And when I go up then I can really hone in on something and get manic. Stubborn as a mule! It’s a fucked up thing to have but I’m always on my medication.
Have gone of to many times in my youth so I know better now. Thank @lizak for your support! Just found this app so maybe I will search for an online meeting to.

2 Likes

I’m so positive you got this!! All I got to say is
Is it really worth it? do you really wanna start over? I say keep going dude. You’re doing so good. Alot of us have yet to see a month! Proud of you & everyone else who’s made it this far.
Much love & support,
Maria

4 Likes

I new hear been clean and sober for 150days. I’m coming off a 15yr drug habit that included crack smack pot pills shrooms lsd ketamine juice and anything else I could get my hands on (I’m Australian sorry if my lingo trips a bit ) I’m 27 years old I have 2 kids to two de facto I’m best friends with my eldest daughters mum but I’m running really rough ATM due to my youngest daughters mum and I have just split about 4 weeks ago. we were both heavy users but have been battling sobriety together but the love and support has dropped since the split. She no longer feels that she can love me the same way that I her and she believes I deserve better all I’ve been doing for the past year is trying to better my self for the sake of my children and our family. I can not just forget the things we have been through together, the good and the bad . I can not move on as she feels that’s what I should do . I have no interest in moving on anytime soon, I’m getting my head right before attempting to think about that. Tho she has already began living the life that she wants while I struggle mentally ATM I have a terrible pokies addiction and am very lonely as I battle bipolar and depression. I just don’t have the ear to lean on or have the distractions of being in a relationship anymore which leaves me very bored and depressed at times so to fill in time I gamble. I win most times but for the fact that I go there to fill in time I don’t leave I can’t leave I just play and play until all the winnings is back in there or the place closes. It is becoming very overwhelming at times when I do get made to leave or have no money left I start hating myself and feel as if I’m doing these sorts of things and my family is falling apart yet again. Even after the huge change I’ve made in myself I’m still loosing things in life I would of lost in active addiction. Which makes me think at times why I’m even clean or why am I even bothering to stick around in this world. And as I beat myself up about that sort of shit every day I feel myself heading closer and closer to one bad decision whether it be using a substance or ending my life if I do one the other follows anyway. I really don’t know ATM , sorry for the random rant in this. Just really needed to get some of that off my chest . Sick of sitting in silence,

5 Likes

Thanks a lot Maria @maria_benavides for your kind words. I went on a rampage with my axe on some wood, made a big bonfire and just sat and stared into the flames. That really helped! Along with your support my friend.

1 Like

Are u ok? Maria…

That’s okay @Clean_beaver We all need to get shit of our chests. That’s the beauty of talking to people who are experiencing the same or have experienced the same thing. The worst thing is to fill the void of drugs/alcohol with something else. Stay strong my friend and don’t give up. I’m starting to get my shit together again. I’m here for you if you need!

1 Like

@Bseven7 Are you asking me or Maria?