New here and failed already ☹️

I managed 16 days sober and failed miserably last night. Went out last night with family and friends and got completely drunk. Ended up puking up all night. I hate this. Back to day one.

2 Likes

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, say to yourself “you got this” and turn yourself around and start walking… It’s a journey not a destination…

1 Like

@Amy_B85 after you nurse your hangover and guilt…get back up on the sobriety beam. Have you thought about going to meetings/working a program to do more for your recovery? Next time you’re in that situation…reach out to someone first before you drink. (This forum, for example) I guess you realize by now that after a tiny bit of sobriety, you went back to where you left off and your body can’t handle it…it’s poison and it’s dangerous. Make sure to drink plenty of water to rehydrate, eat small nutritious meals, and rest to give your body a chance to heal. Welcome back @Amy_B85

1 Like

Hi @Amy_B85 and welcome to the forum! Don’t be hard on yourself, and never use the word “fail”. Those 16 days still count, and you can learn from these events - what triggers to avoid, how to prepare ahead of time, etc. I “failed” twice, but it still means I have about 14 months when I didn’t drink, with a few stumbles in between.

The first few days and weeks can be very difficult, stay strong and get as much support/info as you can - This app/forum, reading/education, AA or other meetings, maybe an outpatient program, etc. Some useful links are found here:

Also you can personalize your profile:

See you around and stay strong!

2 Likes

@Amy_B85 you might also want to consider avoiding situations where you know there will be alcohol involved (if you can). Someone on here mentioned living like a hermit in the beginning, but if that’s what gets you through the beginning, I say it’s worth it. In the grand scheme of things, it’s really such a small amount of time in our lives.

That being said, no one can take those 16 days from you! Be kind to yourself today and start again tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, don’t let this get you down and remember God loves you and give it over to him all of it. You will get back on track if being sober is important to you. Surround yourself with good things and try to stay away from triggers that will make you want to drink. I use Sobertool app that helps motivate me to stay clean and sober you may want to check it out. Good luck & i have faith you will be successful in your path to sobrierty.

Never despair…keep on staying motivated to stand tall and remind yourself of how bad tripping up makes you feel.have you tried meetings…it helps a helluva lot✌

Thank you so much for all of your comments and support. It means so much to me :blush:. I am finding out if I have any local meetings and will keep you updated. I think this forum will help me greatly with all you wonderful people xx

4 Likes

I wouldnt consider 16 days a failure! You did it once, you can do it again!

1 Like