Nice weather challenges

Jeez, as the weather is getting nicer, this sobriety thing is offering so many challenges I simply wasn’t ready for. Damn I have been stressing the drink lately.

7 Likes

I hear ya. Sunny backyard = beer/wine/cocktail. Especially after a day of spring cleaning (indoors or outdoors). But I’m really trying to keep in mind what that drink will actually get me…nothing. Why can’t I enjoy the nice warm and sunny deck with a club soda with lime instead? I can. And in the end I’ll feel better because I’m not stumbling to bed and waking up with a headache.

You can do it. :smiley:

7 Likes

A huge trigger for me as well. Just know it’s a trigger and have a plan for something else to do.
Best,
Chandler

2 Likes

Sunshine is tough for me too. Spring=white wine, or maybe beer. All changes are hard, even the good one of spring coming. I’m accustomed to mark transitions with alcohol. We have to relearn to do it without.

1 Like

Definitely feel you on this one! I attended a BBQ yesterday where the beer was flowing.
I made sure to bring a sober drink but the temptation was still there, especially with my boyfriend sipping a badass looking trippel. I was tempted to take a sip to try, but powered through and felt better knowing I wouldn’t be hungover AND sunburnt. :slight_smile:
I’m looking forward to spending time out in the garden, and will treat myself to smoothies & snacks afterwards. Camping is what I’m most afraid of come summertime. I’m hesitant to go with friends who pack their cars full of beer rather than water. :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Hi @Sober I sympathize. The other day the smell of the air even triggered my memories. Last year I got through a full year sober, and every season I would think of something seasonal that means drinking. It’s not just summer when you think about it.

But there are some many great things in the summer that can be enjoyed for what it is - like a BBQ with great food and people - even minus the alcohol. Things to be grateful for.

2 Likes

The weather is messing with me also…breeze, sun…just missing the drink but also not missing the stumbling me being loud getting on my own nerves and munchies lol

1 Like

Living in Florida, it is always cocktail weather. Luckily, sparkling water on ice with lemon is more refreshing.

2 Likes

Yuck, you can keep that mess

Man, I don’t know how you do it. It will be 85 today in Atlanta. I am going to ride my bike and work in the garden :0)
Best,
Chandler

1 Like

That sounds amazing. Hope you were able to find time to enjoy the spring.

Yep. I feel you. Living in Arizona, hot weather + river equals bbq and beer. It’s definitely a trigger. I’m only on day 3.

1 Like