No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path

This topic quote is my inspiration! Have been deliberating being asked out for ‘a drink’ by an a friend of a friend just a girly get together a few of us. Have a fear of being pressured and having people say oh don’t be silly one won’t hurt. Oh how little they know!! So decided to write a list of pros and cons of being sober. I only had one con which was people’s judgment next to this I then wrote fuck them they have no right to judge!! Not really directed at anyone as I believe alot of the judgement is in my own head. I will not drink as I don’t want to drink it was killing me.
Happy sober weekend all, sending everyone lots of love. We are in this together but ultimately it is our own journey and we must be strong :muscle: :kissing_heart::blush::blush::blush:

8 Likes

The only people who will judge your for being sober are people who are ashamed to look at their own drinking behaviors. Stay strong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Rachel_Marie Yes!!!

I need to remember this next time I’m hanging out my sister. She always has questions why I’m not drinking with her. I hate it.

Yep! I remember when I was drinking, people who didn’t drink made me feel uncomfortable because that made me question my own drinking, and who needs that, right? Lol. Stand by your decision, we can do this! :dancer: :smile:

This is so wonderful! The only person I need to prove anything to is myself… I want to stop drinking because I want to be healthy… I don’t like hangovers and I don’t like wasting my time trying to feel better the next day…

Exactly wasted far too much time hungover on my days off from work then end up being back at work annoyed I never did anything constructive.
It’s a sober life for me xx

1 Like

Hi all, couple hours into day 1 after a major 10 binge. Does the depression and anxiety ease up?