Ok, I want to drink now

I am reposting because I don’t want to say anything negative about anybody. Every person is doing the best they can and people are in the program to work on themselves and help other people. I had a bad night last night and regret my original post. The program of aa is very helpful for a lot of people, and I know that some of you do it on your own too, there is no right or wrong way, it is whatever fits. I am very grateful for all of my experiences and the people who have helped me, even the ones I had difficulty with taught me something, and they helped me a lot in positive ways too. No one’s perfect. Thank you guys but hope this helps people some more. Sending love to everyone xx

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, thank you for that and really happy to hear you are doing well on your own:) your message helped me a lot

Xx

1 Like

You are a badass.

Im sorry these sponsors were not the right fit.

I tried aa for 4 days and felt too much kike a cult and I felt I was being pressured into attending, becoming a part of it. I def didnt stay sober on 5th day. That was disappointting…smh

I am sober 9 days now without a sponsor or aa classes. All I have to say is keep coming here it helps.

You are a badass because you are able to say f that and go out there and carry on.

We are here with you if you need anything

Thanks. I’ve been sober over 2 1/2 years and the program really gave me so much in the beginning, and has still, but things are changing and maybe these were all signs that maybe it is time to move on and I just was not listening to them. It has felt not organic since the summer, when I started feeling better. All of this ‘just keep your side of the street clean’ has resulted in me blowing up and having a break down. I have seen real results of the step work, but it also blew up in my face recently after bottling it and I feel friendless and alone and dishonest.
I’m trying it alone and will keep people posted

4 Likes

I went to my first AA meeting last week, and while it was positive…I also felt a “drink the Kool-Aid” vibe from a lot of the people. Plus I feel like if I keep going they’ll force me to get a sponsor, work the steps, and admit I’m an alcoholic when I don’t feel comfortable saying it. You’re not alone! Your experience is definitely a cautionary tale.

I had a few days to think about it and am starting to realize that the space may not be for me, but I hope that you find what you need. Sometimes you are your best cheerleader. I feel like a lot of people in recovery can hold it over each others heads and really push negativity onto others. I get moody and pissed but try not to take it out on others, and especially if that person has issues too!

Best of luck, do what feels right!

2 Likes

I want to drink every night

But we don’t!!!

But we don’t. Do better. Be better.

Wow?! You are amazing gurls

Thanks for your post. I felt that way when I first went in too, by the time I really went in though I was on my knees and I do have to say that both a sponsor and the step work helped me tremendously, but I know it is different for everyone. The program taught me to see my part in things which I had not before, as well as setting boundaries, and more. I was upset last night and regret posting something negative. There’s a lesson and learning experience in everything and I am not perfect either! I would want people to show me love and tolerance too xx

1 Like

I usually don’t at all! Last night was unusual:)

Thank you! I’m glad the program has helped you- it honestly seems like a great support group. I wish you luck :slight_smile:

Ha! Kool-aid, that made me laugh. It did feel oddly cultish my first meeting, I will say that. :smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: you too, And thank you for your post also, It’s not for everyone, that’s for sure and totally understandable. Xox

1 Like

It did for me too:)