Otter check in

Last night went to a wedding.
Fighting the urges before ,during and after was terrible. Friends got hitched a bunch of acquaintance and loved ones celebrateing. I’m drinking Bloody Mary’s(non) and Cranberry juice. Dancing like a man on fire. 11pm hits time to go nobody has a clue on how to get to the hotels. Bartender yells he hasn’t had a drop, points at me. 40 something people laughing saying, whatever. Everyone took me pretty serious as I drove everyone to the Marriott. Wasn’t hiding it but I didn’t feel like talking about because in my head I was wanting to drink so bad all effing night. This morning, I was the talk. Drunk Uncle saves the day. I felt good and shame. Why because everyone is “so surprised” that I’ve been promoted in my company, going back to college, 2 years no nicotine and working on my sobriety. Day 29 in 2.5 hours, happy about that.

10 Likes

I’m not getting the ‘shame’ here at all @1happyotter. Where’s the shame you feel coming from?
That people underestimated you and you got promoted? That you weren’t drunk? That you saved the day? You’re going back to college? You’ve given up cigarettes and drink?
It can’t be getting through the whole wedding without a drop of bòoze…
Nope, no shame there.
You should pat yourself on the back and treat yourself!

4 Likes

You should feel awesome! You conquered another battle of the evil urges. Good for you for not surrendering! :blush:

1 Like

I agree with @Charlesfreck and @Ashe absolutely no shame to be felt there! Sounds pretty inspiring to me :blush:

2 Likes

I agree with @Charlesfreck You kicked ass in sobriety.

2 Likes

You nailed it . Instead of talking about last night events , we decided to all relive embarrassing Otter moments. I was pissed at first but got over myself later on that day.

1 Like

“Blessed are those that can laugh at themselves, for they will never cease to be amused”

1 Like