Over 1000 times I have done this and I need to start again....😖

well today I am back at day one

• List item
3 Likes

I’m also once again on day one. I feel the same way you do about this frustrating cycle. Just wanted you to know you’re not alone.

We’re all with you! Yesterday I had to reset my counter and before that my boyfriend broke up with me because I slapped him across the face.
I want to make it right, I know it will take time but I know I can do it.
And I know you can do it! Stay strong my friend.

1 Like

I have reset my counter too many times to mention. It is only a defeat if you stay down, so pull yourself back up and try again. You got this!!

1 Like

Your not alone, I hit the reset button daily. Every morning I wake up, my desire to be sober is at its strongest! But by the end of the day the monster that is addiction has broken down my walls and convinced me that “I’ll just start being sober tomorrow, this is my last night.” Why is it our brains can always justify it? Very frustrating to say the least.

3 Likes

I had to reset on Sunday. It happens. If you always have one drink & It turns into ten - you definitely need to stop. I’m the same way. This group helps a lot! You are not alone. Do it for yourself & your marriage. One day at a time.

2 Likes

At least you keep trying to get better and not giving up. What’s your quiting strategy?

All you can do is dust yourself off, and try again. At least your aware, and continue to make an effort!!! You can do this!

1 Like

We’re here for you! Good luck in the next 24 hours!!

You can do it it just takes time just say that you will not drink today I understand where your coming from

I was going to refer people @Melrm 's post, but she already posted it above. :slight_smile:

Anyone resetting frequently has to ask themselves…

• Have I fully committed yet?
  • What can I do differently this time?
  • What support or mental tools can I add in besides the forum? For example…

inpatient treatment
outpatient treatment
Dr. consult maybe with medications
AA and other fellowships
books
worksheets
websites
videos
meditation
daily self-care

Also I would recommend spending some time studying relapse prevention and how to deal with cravings. Some good resources are in these posts:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

I am in no way implying that I am “above” relapsing - far from it! I’m working at it all too.

2 Likes