Physical Exercise

I should try swimming again. I tried it last year but stopped because I thought it was damaging my hair…of all the stupid excuses. I’m not a good swimmer at all (mostly flutter board) but my daughter has 1 hour lessons each week…it would be better than sitting off to the side reading stuff on my phone.

2 Likes

You should! Using the flutter board is a great workout.

When I swam often I had to bite the bullet and use a swim cap. I don’t like them but it prevents a lot of the chlorine damage. I am not at the pool to look pretty anyway. It’s a workout.

1 Like

1 Like

Missing the gym today…gonna get back at it tomorrow :muscle:t2:

1 Like

“i should really start to workout” me every time someone in recovery talks about how beneficial it is.

9 Likes

:laughing:

Lol - take the first step @Steve92 - it’s just like getting sober…1 step, 1 day at a time. All jokes aside, I wouldn’t be able to do it without my exercise.

lol i lost 30 pounds just by not drinking, im sure i could lose more if i started working out a bit…
I’m 5"11 237 lbs 25yrs old. I’m sure im overweight according to some chart out there lol
Maybe i will ask someone in my meetings if i could tag along with them some day

1 Like

Haha!! Seriously though, get after it man. You’ll be so happy you did.

3 Likes

Bone infection,had for about 2 years just found out 2 half months ago,scar like those on upper hip to,sexy shit there…
:neutral_face:

1 Like

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”

I hope they got all of the infection out of ya and u don’t have to endure any more recovery from surgeries because of it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1 Like

I’m on antos,my only me speech for antibiotics, ibuprofen are Kidney killer’s, any thing that makes me sleep benadryl is A sleeper, other words for other things,I have my own language.

Oh,oh that’s the best!

1 Like

Excercise and weightlifting play a big role in my sobriety, 3+ years spent sober and strong

6 Likes

Super frustrated right now with Lexapro…gonna go see my MD on Monday for a recheck, but I am on day 12 and I am absolutely sapped of energy. I know I probably need to be on it right now or it wouldn’t have been prescribed, but has anyone else experienced that with physical training and being on this med? I find it so hard to get to the gym and before I was on it I was hitting 2 a day workouts! Feeling like I have the life sucked out of me :grimacing:…at least I’m not drinking.

@Asia91 ur fitness level and sobriety are inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Fit bit has helped me stay motivated and pushed me thru many days of anxiety… feels so great to be healthy again!

Also recently hit 18 months sober!

5 Likes

Sand bag mat work followed up with a 25lb weight vest treadmill session - feeling good today :muscle:t2::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Starting back at the gym Monday after a few months not going, planning to go monday - friday at 3pm, the time I usually finish for the day & want a drink.

1 Like