Ready to change

Thanks Sally I really have been fooling myself… But no one else!! Want to do this for me. You’re right about that :heart:

1 Like

Haha, the wine witch!!! I like it @Shattered_dreams :joy:
She had a grip of me and I was fighting with her daily @Minigill. I’d consume a half to a bottle of wine an evening with a g&t or two and a whisky nightcap thrown in.
I’m on my 9th day sober.
This community has helped me enormously - I’ve sat and browsed through the posts and been inspired and felt supported - I hope you do to. You are not alone :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Bottle of wine a night (sure that’s normal… everyone does it… It doesn’t effect me… Blah blah) becoming two bottles or whatever else was in house because one not enough any more :disappointed_relieved: Getting to stage of planning around wine. In from work at four and bottle opened. Thought I was so clever no one knew. So horrified when partner told me he knew as soon as I answered the phone and all he wanted to do was hang up :cry::cry:

1 Like

hugs no rush in sharing your story, coming here is already a courageous step towards a better life! I guess we all have a lot of shame regarding our drinking, and done some bad stuff. Important thing is, you want to change. And the good news is, you CAN change. :blush: hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Welcome you found the perfect place to help you…and don’t be ashamed I’m sure we’ve all been in the same boat :blush:

1 Like

Welcome @Minigill

Different Aspects of Recovery

1 Like

Thank you so much x

1 Like

Welcome welcome welcome!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Seriously, are you just writing my story?! :joy:

2 Likes

Lol that’s so reassuring!! X

1 Like

Welcome,
9 days in for me.

Wine was my crutch and also almost lost my partner. Now working hard to deal with my own demons that wine used to help me avoid!
You got this!!

4 Likes

Welcome @Minigill. Keep coming back! You got this!

1 Like

I have used it for so long to numb my brain so I didn’t have time or space to think about stuff. I also work til I drop because I don’t know how to relax and just chill… It’s my biggest fear because that’s when my thoughts take over. I envy people who curl up on sofa with a cuppa and TV… Argh my worst nightmare!! Lol wot a nutter :slightly_frowning_face: I need to stop running away from what I can’t face and deal with it!

1 Like

Wow we could be twins, I have the same problem which makes the evenings the toughest. One thing I have started doing is journaling my thoughts, it’s hard some time for me to put on paper but the more I did the more it clears the chaos in my head.
I do know that since I have stopped drinking I feel happier (even with my struggles)
Because I see how much I have used wine to cover the root problems.
Plus not having a hang over or regrets then next day make it worth everything😄
Keep talking and expressing yourself, I really have used this app all day to just read and use for support also.

“He who says he can and he who says he can’t are both usually right”

2 Likes

Hey Bootlove Thanku for your answer. I know I’m not going to get it right straight off. I totally understand your post. When I waken and can’t remember if I fed my dog… Holy shit that’s the worst. Once I bought 5 trombones on ebay… Seriously. I can’t even play the damn thing. But I was hoping to learn lol!!!

4 Likes

That’s cute! I’ve sent an Email to the FBI, think God they never wrote me back or called.

3 Likes

Wow! @ Minigil we have so much in common ! I too have lived in denial for a looooong time. Stopping here and there until boom ! One day my partner and children vanished ! It’s been 4 years of custody battle and with history of Alcohol abuse its uphill .

Today is my first day of many attempts at sobriety and hope we can support each other xx hugs :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

It sounds like we are identical twins! I am 50 days in from vino and was also new to all this 51 days ago. I fell upon it after downloading the app and so happy I did for the motivation!

2 Likes

Hey welcome @Minigill thanks for sharing some of your story with us. good luck on your journey :smiley:

1 Like

So bit of a wobbly start :slightly_frowning_face: I gave in and had two big glasses before catching myself on. Felt so bad and guilty… Trying to see the positive that I didn’t have two bottles :roll_eyes:The house is now wine free so having to go out to get some is another safety thing and hopefully give me time to come on here and talk myself out of it instead