Really struggling after work

Really struggling not to get a drink after work

Thank u, I’m trying!

1 Like

That was always my issue. I’d get home from work, say hi to the kids (“how was your day” and all) and grab a glass of whatever. I swear I’d be pouring that first drink within seconds of getting my coat off!!

To get through that I forced myself to pour something else. Sparkling water mixed with juice, virgin cocktails etc etc.

I was realizing just the other day (after 38 sober days now) that I would get to the end of the night and have not thought about pouring a drink at all. Sure some days I REALLY want a drink but on those other days it was just habit and I’m feeling like just maybe I’ve broken (or breaking) that habit.

4 Likes

Yeah I have had to switch up my after work routine big time. I try to stay busy for as long as possible until I am tired enough to crash without having a drink.

1 Like

This is a struggle for me as well. Drinking after work was always my go to. I agree that it’s about breaking these habits and replacing them with new ones.

1 Like

So hard, there is a liquor store right next to where I work and about a million on my way home! I can’t help fantasizing about a glass of wine

1 Like

That’s so helpful, reframing those fantasies and remembering what really happens, buying 4 bottles instead of two and throwing in some vodka so I don’t run out, wasting a whole wknd sleeping, worrying my friends and family, waking up with bruises disgusted with myself and continuing to risk my health. Not worth it!!!

2 Likes

Exactly, I have to constantly remind myself why I’m trying to get sober and why I always hate myself after a night of drinking. I ALWAYS regret it.