Relapse weekend

I’ve been under a ton of stress… depression sets in and everything becomes dark… I fell off the wagon and got drunk this weekend after nearly a month of sobriety. I need help. My mind and body just do not feel healthy

Hi @Adam_B_Everson and welcome to the forum. Very nice picture by the way!

If you made it to a month, that is very hopeful. You can do it again, and more! Don’t be hard on yourself, those 30 days still count. I relapsed twice, but it still means I have about 14 months when I didn’t drink, with a few stumbles in between.

If you have actual depression, is it somewhere you can get professional help?

Get as much support/info as you can - This app/forum, reading/education, AA or other meetings, maybe an outpatient program, etc. Some useful links are found here:

See you around and stay strong!

1 Like

@Adam_B_Everson Have you considered AA. The meetings and people are really helpful. It’s like this forum but face to face with kind people who understand what you’re going through. Abstaining from alcohol is a very small part of what true recovery/sobriety is…you’ll learn life tools. They have meetings all over the world, so if you travel or need a safe place on the weekend, you’ll always find one. Also, I highly recommend The Recovery Book…chalk full of answers to any questions you may have and can lead you into the right direction. It’s going to be okay…I know you’re beating yourself up. But you need to love yourself into sobriety. If you can’t love yourself right now, we’ll do it for you :slight_smile: You never have to feel this way again.

2 Likes