Relapsed under a day

Well this didn’t take long, I gave in and I’m beating the living shit out of myself because of this… I feel so worthless and helpless, I refuse to go to rehab so please dont even suggest it (not to mention I don’t have a dime to spend on it). I really need people thay have and or are where I am to be able to help and support me as well as me wanting to help and support others.

your definatly not worthless. Remember when you posted this “Yup that’s 2 weeks down! No opiates and I feel great, no cravings, no anxiety, no withdrawals, nothing! I think it’s mainly due to the (usually) relatively low dosage I took (mainly because it’s so damn expensive at 1$ per mg around here) but I am not complaining by any means, I am thanking God I don’t see myself needing this drug ever again if I am not legitimately in pain, and certainly will not snort anything again (my nose thanks me too lol) where is everyone else at? I love the support from this community and will provide all the support I can from my end.” You CAN get back to that point, take it easy and be kind to yourself right now. Come back tomorrow and keep checking in

3 Likes

Hi there. I have been through the same. I did not go to rehab but to AA for support, and honestly, I sid not want to go or stay. But I found myself there anyway, and as much as I did not want to go, it had ended up helping me so much. There are so many other people that you will meet there that are either in the exact boat you are, or have been and will give you good advice and direction, not to mention the support to not beat yourself up! We cannot learn to get up if we don’t fall, and it took me personally years of it before I finally stopped, and I had health issues by that point. You def don’t want that, believe me. It costs more than rehab, take it super easy on yourself!!! Sending you a lot love :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

Thank you guys for the replies, they mean more to me then anything right now.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t really suggest rehab on here because I’m a strong believer that if you are willing to do the work, you can stay clean/sober. Granted there are exceptions, but we are here to offer support whenever needed. Sorry you relapsed, but great job for coming on here and staying accountable.

2 Likes

Hey @KeepGoing. Important thing is you are here and willing to get this done.

I saw a number of people out here recently struggling with slip/relapse. I would recommend spending some time studying relapse prevention and how to deal with cravings. Some good resources are in these posts:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

I went to rehab once and it was tremendously helpful for me by removing distractions from outside life to heal myself. I’m a very codependent and wouldn’t have been able to heal myself without it. I recently relapsed and was almost one year sober. I considered going back but I realized I have the tools I need from my first visit - I just need to do the work.

3 Likes

Still have to be alone you have to come first before you can help others

1 Like

Just do it - there is no way around it. Rehab won’t do the job for you, so just pull through. Together we can do this!

2 Likes

My technique is DO NOT GET OUT OF BED. Read, listen to podcasts, watch a movie. Just do not leave your bed unless you NEED to.

I know how it feels, buddy. Relapse makes you feel pathetic. Good luck my friend!

1 Like