Relapsing :(

Oh dear…:persevere: not good

1 Like

Bought two bottles of fizz tonight. Smuggled them past my dad. Legs feel light and feel like I’m floating…but there’s a but. I started drinking out of loneliness and hurt and boredom. But I’m not bored. My dad is here. I’m not hurt any more. The fact is this is pure addiction. I did 4 days without booze…I did 87 in June. The allen carr theory really does make sense. It’s the booze leaving my body telling my brain I need filling up. It’s like a drug addiction…except it is a drug addiction. It relieves the craving but the craving is caused by the drug itself. Finally got it! What I used it for at the start is no longer the reason I need it for. I use it to relieve the withdrawl. If I kill the alcohol monster I am sorted

1 Like

I am here. You’re not alone.

Pull it together Tim. I saw your 5k time. That is impressive, and alcohol is holding you back. Focus on your fitness. Try joining a gym that has bootcamp style workouts. You will be surprised how quickly you can become part of a gym family when you sweat it out and suffer through a workout together. Church is another good place to get involved. Stay strong!

I almost agreed to go with q “friend” this evening to drink. Usually I would. But I prayed for strength. But it still bothers me. I’ve only been. 3days clean! :confused:

Come on @Tim!!! You can do it!!! You have to find the reason to stop hurt yourself!!! The main reason is you… if you what to be better day after day!!! Step by step!!! You are great, you dont need any of alcohol to be you!!! Be the one… who you were!!! Be te one that you want to be!!! Be strong my friend!!

@Tim have you tried Alcoholics Anonymous meetings? Aa helps you learn about what you’re dealing with when you put the drink down it also gives you an opportunity to stop drinking with the help of others not trying to do it on your own ending up feeling lonely

2 Likes

Sorted. Went to an allen carr group session yesterday. All the mental issues that go round in our head were finally put to bed. I wrote a list of all the things I hated about alcohol. I haven’t finished but it’s over 50. I then listed positives. I couldn’t find one. Why is it different this time? Simple answer… don’t like aanaesthtising myself and feeling crap the next day. I thought I was lonely and bored without it but giving up has given me my life back. I cleaned the house. Through sober eyes I realised hadnt washed up for 2 weeks. Dog hairs everywhere. Self respect out the window. My drug was my life. So…iI alone now but I’m watching the football. I’ll remember it. I went for a run. I washed all my clothes. The great thing about this time is that I know I’ll never drink again. My last hangover knocked me sideways. I got my life back yesterday and I made my vow to never drink alcohol again.

2 Likes