Rough night

Long story short, got back w my gf a few weeks back, said she was working late last night, went to go suprise her at work and she’s in the parking lot in her car with another guy.
This relationship is finally over and I guess I’m kind of relieved but I have so much anger and rage in me right now it’s hard to not go completely nuts.
I made phone calls and did what I was supposed to though last night before I went to pick up that case of beer.
I hope I can find someone worth being with one day but for now I have to figure out what my plan is seeing that we were going to move out by 2018.
I’m not catching any breaks these last few weeks I hope it’s just a test to see how strong I can be without the booz.
Sorry for rambling but I need to be extra vigilant in my sobriety now cuz drinking has been on my mind since 1am last night.

2 Likes

I am SO sorry. I can’t help but think “bitch” in my mind. How could she?

So, if I understand correctly you did NOT go get that beer? Good for you.

I am sure you’ll find someone worthy of you but I think first you need to discover that YOU are worthy of you.

<3

5 Likes

What a peice of shit. I know it hurts but she is NOT worth your pain.Life and people can be shitty sometimes and this is the part that tests us the most. I cant tell you how many drunken nights were because of a broken heart.I didnt ever feel any better, infact worse. It took me longer to get over them and longer to heal.
You deserve better than to waste any time drinking about anybody.You are worth more than that and WILL find somebody who will love you and respect you.

Im so sorry for your pain.

4 Likes

Im so sorry my friend. I know the pain of heartbreak all to well… but right now YOU are worthy of you. You also need to know who YOU are before you can share that YOU with someone worthy of YOU.

Drinking will not add anything positive to this situation besides a temporary buzz that will later bite you with its poisonous venom.

Don’t be sorry for ranting, nor is it a rant. This is what we are here for… each other. Now, what can you do to salvage the day and get your mind off drinking? What can you do to get out of your head? When is the last time you connected with nature or something BIGGER than a moment in time?

Please message me at any time! I don’t want to see you make the same mistake I did… I was hungover for days and it took me weeks to align my thinking with positive sobriety again. DON’T GIVE HER YOUR PROGRESS! TAKE BACK YOUR POWER

HUG

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Great job continuing to be so strong, I hope you’re proud cause that’s really incredible. On the plus side you now have the opportunity to find someone worth being with that will support you in your sobriety. Maybe this will also make it easier to really throw yourself into your new job and focus on that? Hope that’s working out well by the way

2 Likes

Sorry that this happened. But drinking wont make the situation better, only worse. Just focus on your sobriety, you will find someone worthy of you eventually, i am sure!

3 Likes

What a bitch!! You are worth better than THAT.
Sending you a hug :purple_heart:

1 Like

Ugh man that sucks. Keep your head up, dude. You can always vent on here. The right girl will enter your life when you least expect it.

When I was dealing with infidelity I turned to alcohol (among other self destructive crap) and it almost killed me. She’s not worth losing your sobriety or your sanity over. Stay strong. We’re here for you.

3 Likes

If you have done your bit then you can walk away with your head held hi fella, just concentrate on staying on the straight, somtimes its easier to cope single as long as your friends are around you , love can wait it’ ll come when its ready mate

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Steve92. Liars are the worst. At least you learned that your sense that something was wrong was correct and you no longer have to worry about those red flags.

You are doing the right thing to experience the anger and grief right now rather than putting it off. It will make you stronger. Remember to love yourself.

1 Like

I am so sorry @Steve92! Stay strong, you deserve better! Like @Naturehippy said, “DON"T GIVE HER YOUR PROGRESS!” You have come so far… she doesn’t deserve all the hard work you have put into your sobriety! Sending hugs your way :frowning: Stay strong!

1 Like

Really sorry to hear that bro, at least you found out sooner rather than later. I hope this experience only makes you stronger! :muscle::v:

2 Likes

@Steve92 First of all, I am so so sorry. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. You deserve better, truly.

Take care of yourself and know we’re here for you. Sending a hug your way! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I really do love all of you guys. Thank you so much for the support this is what I needed to open up when I got off working in that hell hole of a kitchen. People were smoking cigarettes in the dam kitchen it was disgusting then this kid lights up a blunt, wich I wud usually part take in but I want to be able to pass a drug test if I get a better opportunity. And u are all right I am not going to give my success to her, iv been furious since the moment I woke up today but reading these comments is making me realize that I shouldn’t let some cheating asshole ruin my sucesses and mood. I’m glad I have all of you as well as my a.a friends. And big shout out to @alpine_1975 for txting me last night late as hell as I was losing my mind. My sponsor was sleeping so in sry for bothering u so late lol Idk if I would be sober right now if it wasn’t for this forum

12 Likes

It’s a rocky road mate but you’ve got this…stay strong on the path. Do the next right thing. Hope you dont mind me saying you are better off without her. Look after and love yourself right now you are number one priority to you xx

2 Likes

Stay strong, remember this is your journey for happiness. Your sobriety is your strength and good things are coming your way because of it. Alcohol is temporary, doesn’t fix it. Only you can.clearly she is not a real woman and will be that way her whole life, smile because someone else will get stuck with a liar and cheat. There are plenty of genuine girls out there…:bride_with_veil::blush:

2 Likes

It’s ever easy to deal with reality, especially when it’s so easy to drown oneself in a bottle. I’m glad you got support last night. You didn’t deserve what happened to you. Keep your friends close by!

2 Likes

Is angel your surname ?

Hey @Steve92, hope you’re doing better today.

1 Like

No, but it does sound kinda cool.