So overwhelmed

It is so stressful not being able to find a job… but i guess its my own fault for picking up, and getting a felony.

1 Like

Sorry, I feel for you. Job hunting is stressful enough as it is. Is there any jobs program that can help?

(I don’t have a felony or anything, but being out of work for 3 years is seen as a big red flag. I go to the bottom of the pile)

1 Like

Try not to be so hard on yourself! Having a mindset that you deserve what you’re going through because of your own fault will prevent you from success in ways that have nothing to do with a felony. Keep looking and calling. Try some job fairs or check out your local work resource center. It’ll happen for you, don’t give up!

2 Likes

@Shyaneduley hello. I have some experience on this issue. Is your felony a conviction or are you on deferred adjudicated probation. If it is adjudicated then you will be fine although it will be tough until you complete probation, you are essentially locked up.
If it is a conviction and you have already served your sentence then yeah you are just going to have to get in where you fit in. But its not bad. You will have to carve your own way in life. You will be greatful for the opportunities and the longer you stay sober the more these opportunities present themsrlves.
If you are still on regular felony probation then same as above, but a little more difficult until probation completed.
Sorry to be so concise.

1 Like

Yeah it is annoying at times. Ive tried temp agencys too.

Mine is still a open case. I did time, than got put into a drug court program. For a year, than its exponged from my record but one of the things i need to do for the program is get a job. And of course i want one. Ive gotten alot of interviews. I even tell them, they do a background and tell me i didnt get it.

Thank you for the kind words!!

@Shyaneduley
Hmm thats sucks you are having trouble but you know what…thats awesome that its going to come off your record. You may even have to check out mickey d’s. Find anything…any kind of job so this thing can get expunged! Good job. Stay sober.

1 Like