Sober April

Had to reset my counter yesterday so would like to stay sober for the entire month. 17days before I relapsed. Feeling optimistic though. Two massive triggers tonight- partner being away, but if I can get to the May 01st that would be incredible. It’s my birthday this month and I’d like to have one sober birthday in my adult life. Hope everyone is staying strong and persevering on this beautiful Saturday.

4 Likes

Hi @AntolI. looked back at some of your previous posts, and see you’ve been struggling. Try not to set target dates, the only day that matters is today. The days will add up on their own and become months before you know it.

If relapse is an issue, maybe add on all the support you can get - this forum, AA or other meetings, an outpatient/inpatient program, reading and videos. There is so much out there!

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

2 Likes

Thanks John. Started reading about Rational Recovery by Jack Trimpey (AVRT). An interesting conceptual tool to employ. You’re right in saying no to focus on dates as such. Now really is the time.

1 Like