Sober Job Seekers Unite

Yay, welcome to ‘the club’ @MissQuinn :smile: you’re all inspiring me to get my butt in gear! I just can’t do it on my own :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hi @Danielle_Nicole_Oval yeah that sounds hopeful!, especially since they were talking money like you mentioned. Sending my best wishes. :rainbow:

Phew! Ok just made the call to my ideal job. Wrote a cover letter. Emailed the hiring manager directly with the cover letter and resume AND filled out the online application. The only problem is that they are looking for someone NOW. So hopefully I talked myself up enough for them to hold a position for me!

No pressure lol

3 Likes

Hey @MissQuinn. That’s great, crossing fingers. Whatever happens you took the steps you needed to apply. That’s what matters!

1 Like

Thanks @JohnSee! I really hope I get it but if not there are other options. I have 3.5 months before I’m even in the area. Just hoping for this one because it would be an easy commute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oo this is so exciting. Putting lots of prayers out to the universe for you! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Lol…i’m getting a little restless here in Georgia, I feel like i’m so close to getting a job…poof no job and to be honest it’s very stressful looking for a job & maintaining focus.

I was napping and missed a phone call to setup a second interview, i’m sure she will call me back tomorrow but still I feel stressed out here :joy::joy::joy: I had to wake @ 4am to take boyfriend to airport, and so I was really really tired. (Not an excuse) just beating myself up which I know is useless. :persevere:

This will be my 4th interview total during my search, please pray for me :innocent: I need it because geeze job hunting his hectic for me. Being judged over, and over again, then the rejection after rejection is really annoying me and tough juggling during early recovery.

Also not to be egotistical after college I have never had such a difficult time finding a job, ok well I lie Vegas was a tough place to survive but I did it.

Damn it i’m trying to keep my cool. Its tough though I have to keep trucking. :sunglasses: It’s funny I am trying to get passionate about the process but finding it hard.

Actually I think I may go to an AA meeting tonight because I have never gone and maybe I need to put my big girl panties and do just do it. Thanks for listening!!

Peace & Love

1 Like

Hi @Danielle_Nicole_Oval You know I feel for you man! It is very stressful, and we all here should probably work on methods to make it less so. But in the meantime it is what it is right. This is not just a sobriety problem, it’s stressful for almost anyone.

Just a question, if you missed the call, are you able to be proactive and call them back or email them about setting up a second interview? Usually companies don’t depend on you being able to answer the phone right then and there - it’s not realistic in this day and age.

I’m an athiest, but heck I’ll pray for you anyway! Or def send good wishes your way :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

And it’s not egotistical, I too used to have people calling me to offer interviews and jobs! When I worked at a big firm. Now I have to hunt right.

Hope you try an AA meeting anyway, I find them helpful.

1 Like

I am hoping to hear back today, the HR lady Rachel told me already they want a second interview, just upset with myself I didn’t answer call, because I usually never take naps.
I did call back two hours after I received the phone call and I have tried calling back this morning too.
:grin: Oh well wish me some luck here I need it and the prayers :innocent: even if you aren’t religious I will take what I can get. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Shit just got serious! I’m out of a job end of next month. F******ck! It’s not a big surprise but it’s still come as a blow!

Ugh @Zara sorry to hear that. Maybe try to push as much focus and time as you can to the job search for now, and cut out any distractions. Even if it’s not a perfect job it can be something for now. I know you have challenges to deal with. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your ‘network’ of colleagues, friends, family. I get too timid to reach out for help sometimes.