1 Like

Thank you!! That worked.
Still finding my way around.
:blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Super. Glad I could help. :smile:

1 Like

Bit silly how upset I was…
But it’s the only ‘proof’ I’ve got at the moment.
And the count is really helping me to keep going.

Ah, I actually just messaged you the same instructions as what @Zara just gave you. Glad it helped.

1 Like

Hi @Robin I had a suggestion for a feature for the forum. Let’s say I did’t visit the forum for the week and saw 200 topics in bold that I haven’t read yet. It would be good to be able to read some, and then hit one button to mark the rest as “read” so it could start fresh. Understand what I mean? Otherwise a user has to go in and “read” every bold topic, and there could be over 100. Thanks.

1 Like

I know many people will dismiss this as feminist whining. I dont mean it to diminish my deep and heartfelt gratitude for this forum, which is huge. But I just want to say that I’m still really bothered by the gendered language of many of the mantras on Sobertime. Like today, “the man who succeds in knocking will succeed in entering”. The quotation is from Hebrew, Moses Ibn Ezra, and you could easily translate it as, “whoever persists”. But this gendered translation has been chosen. None of the quotes on ST ever use female pronouns. I find myself not wanting to look at the timer page for this reason, even though I got the app for the timer. I know it isnt going to change. I can live with that fact, in serenity. I know its a tiny thing in a world where there are so many far worse kinds of inequality. I still love the app and feel super grateful for it. But I wanted to get it off my chest, because it just seems like a shame to me.

1 Like

Hi @Robin.

I know how you reset the counter and that works fine, but is there a way to record “relapse” time? Realistically most people don’t relapse, and then start being sober the next day. (ok, the “people” I’m referring to is me :disappointed:)

Thanks

I’m thinking about reworking the relapse/reset features a bit. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

I’m a bit reserved and have an executive job. I don’t open the forum in public places, like an elevator, lobby or even at home with family in the room, like I would with email or fb bc it says talking sober in huge letters at the top of the app which would be easy for someone to see. I think the logo looks great but I’m not ready yet for the public announcement so I catch up in privacy. Or, I could just invest in a privacy screen :slight_smile: That’s probably the best solution!

Yes! I’ve thought about that too. A way to hide the “Sober Time” logo from my browser or phone.

(@Robin ?)

Sorry, there currently isn’t a way to do this.

I have a doubt. I have 6 “addictions” but in my screen I only see the first 4. How can I see the other two?

It’s a bug in the iOS version that I’m currently working on. Please bear with it for a while, a fix will be released shortly.

1 Like

Front page doesn’t show the counter anymore, only white page.

1 Like

The data storage has been upgraded. With the new release it migrates the your data to the new system the first time you open it. Just wait a few seconds for it to complete and then it will load into the normal page.

thanks for the reply. it’s still not loading and I’ve opened it and waited multiple times.

That’s weird. I can see that people are definitely using the app with the new version.
Could you check the following for me?

• Phone model
  • Android version
  • App version

@Robin yeah, the custom background photo was the issue, when I changed it to a stock app photo I can see everything again.

@anon69871201 & @Laualamp

Thank you for the feedback. I found the issue and I’ll get it fixed asap.

P.S The new app update did a major overhaul with the data storage which will allow cool new features in the future, but because it was so big it has only been rolled out to 10% of the users. If you find any more bugs like this, please send them my way.

1 Like