Something clicked

Well i understand whn i came in to the treatment center that drugs and alcohol had beat me. During that time i gathered alot of ideas about how to stay sober. In the rooms i spoke alot of my veiws and thoughts of the 12 steps i realized now i was on a pink cloud. You see step one to me happened while i was using saying to myself you are better than this s××× right here. I wouldnt have been here if i had not came to the idea that something could help me. And i knew how much i had helped me so it would have to be something better and bigger than me. But i as chasing a pink cloud the feeling of progress. Not faith just chasing feelings still getting addicted to work and girls and food really amd im in good shape. Somthing clicked the other day you see in step 3 i see will and life the will is easy for me who wouldnt want to live a better life in gods will. Help others have direction and eternal love. But i wanted it when i wanted it not forever. I remeber my preacher saying 4 people got saved today at the alter. I remember getting up as a child him saying good luch fight for the lord… what to do now? Lol so i made a choice to turn my who life over. I had put i time limit on it b4 but this time truly give it all to him. And crazy thing happened i started to cry uncontrollably in a big book study. And cry and laugh and just push out all this fear and for one time in the time ive had on recovery i felt like i was ok and he loves us so much my personal god loves me so much and i deserve that love. I do… even b4 my relapse it was never this good i see him in everything just little sentences that pop up coincidence is not in my vocab anymore its all him talking to me and hes been there all along. Meditation doing the things i never thought would help got me here and i dont ever wanna lose this contact. I truly feel safe and its day 38. Please help yourself take the suggestions. I didnt do anything but get high. Yall can do this he wants to talk to you.

5 Likes

Hi @Thytimmyg! Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey, looks like you already have a pic to post in the Sober Selfies thread!:

1 Like