Struggling every 48 hours

Hi. I can get through the first day but really struggle with the second. I am trying so hard and really need to do this. Please help! Thank you

1 Like

Same. When I was drinking heavily it was easy to skip a day, but the next day I needed to drink again despite my schedule. My advice would be to call someone or come on here when you feel the cravings. Eat lots of food, drink something carbonated and stay busy!!!

3 Likes

Thank you Elisabeth. I do have an appetite now and my motivation is improving. I will keep busy and come on here to read all the stories to keep me going.

3 Likes

If you don’t have a lot of energy right now, start a sobriety journal: a bucket list, a list of things you used to enjoy, quotes, ideas, the benefits of being sober, etc. It will put you in a happier place.

3 Likes

I’ve been experiencing a similar thing. It’s like - a day or 2 craving and fighting it - a day or 2 proud that I didn’t give in. And then the following day, I just feel flat, with the brain thinking ‘now what?’. Today’s one of those days :unamused:

I felt very flat this morning and couldn’t get out of bed. I gave myself a good talking to and made myself cook and prepare dinner as I’ve invited family round to keep me busy. Keep busy and hoping tomorrow will be better x

Good for you @Ridg21 It can be hard some days to push yourself forward but when you do, you feel so much better.

And actually thanks for your original post! When I read it I was relieved to know that I was not alone in feeling this way today. I got off my backside and walked uptown to a coffee shop.

So you helped ME today. Thank you.

Happy sober day :star2:

3 Likes

Ridg its my 2nd day and yes its hard. But i have been reading alot of these posts and forums and the people here are helping. Just focus on how better you feel…it may not seem like it but you do. Remember why you chose to make better choices and focus on that. It truly is a one day at a time. Dont think of it as can i make it a week a month or a year. Take it slowly through the day. Find things to keep your mind occupied. Take a walk or go to the movies. Try doing these things with friends. Good luck im here for you too!

2 Likes

Thank you zara. I’m glad you got out and did something different. Evenings are a bad time for me too. So I go and get reduced food from supermarkets to freeze. So that’s more money saved. I love a bargain! X