Temptations in the meantime

Staying sober, is a must and have to!!! But the Temptations are out there everywhere … How do we deal with the fight of it everyday? What do we do in the meantime?? Anybody paint, pottery, read, listen to music, cook, sing, drink tea, long walks, work out, meetings, new hobbies, etc?? Would love to read everybody’s comments!!

I spent a lot of my early recovery using some skills I learned in my program. I was an emotional user so when an emotion would arise I would spend a lot of time analyzing my feelings. Why I didn’t want to feel them. Id also “play the tape”. Go through the steps mentally if I were to relapse. It never ended well or as a solution to my problem. I picked my crafts back up that had been in storage for years. I also started visiting friends and family, getting out of the house. When it got really bad I’d use “opposite action” which helped a lot when I was going through my depression.

Thank you ItsMV, Im a reader and I stop an count to 20 when I might be tempted. I have been seeing a therapist for about 5 years, and have always relapsed. I was the one saying just beer and no mixing but I would after a point of drinking. I never have drink everyday, but when I would go a week or longer or month I would binge…I’m the binge drinker, and when I did it was anything goes and my rules would never hold up by the end of the night. An its taking a toll on my relationship, and we have been together for almost 8 years… So this is my 4 days of sobriety, Thanks a Million

@Chaz312017 oh yes…we have some creative people around here.

Thanks Melrm !!!

I’m taking up minimalism and indoor gardening

1 Like

What will minimalism mean for you?

Clearing out my home of anything I don’t use regularly and living simply. Living without excess. Enjoying the simple things in life like plants and reading, ect

2 Likes

Ah yes! I’ve been living this way for a long time and it’s very freeing.

2 Likes