Thought I was Passed This

Thought that repairing my relationship with my partner would fix my relationship with sex, but there I go again. He’s out of town for 3 days, and there I go fucking two different guys back to back nights. How can I possibly explain my behavior this time? How do explain to someone who could never view sex in this way that it isn’t personal, it’s simply for the release? Is there anyone out there that had these same struggles? Please help…

Here are some links to other discussions about some similar topics. You are not alone thats for sure. Hope you find something helpful.

@Ashley Do they SA meetings were you live? I know what they have them in Maryland. If so maybe try going to as many you can when your partner has to leave. When I would drink and drug interactions was like a bunny rabbit and I cheated on my ex wife all the time. When I got sober it stopped I was 2 years sober when she let me know she wanted out because she couldn’t handle my pass. But maybe if your partner was to go to one of the meetings they would understand your problem. Good luck.

Thanks, Steve and Jrs, for let me know I’m not alone. And no, unfortunately there isn’t a SA group in my area. Was thinking about a counselor? Anyone have experience with how well that might help?

Welcome @Ashley, and thanks for sharing. You are definitely not alone. Sorry about the setbacks. There are some women in SA and SAA. But I found that most ladies that struggle in this area relate more to the principles of SLAA.

This sounds like it’s a bit more complicated than what you originally thought. What was wrong in your relationship that needed fixing? You have every right to be concerned. Having one night stands can be very destructive to you and your relationships.

Your among friends here who do understand the feeling of powerlessness. Keep coming back. There is hope.

2 Likes

@Ashley I think maybe a therapist would be better than a counselor. Not saying they won’t work but I had better luck with a therapist. Just don’t give up and keep talking with the people on here and we will keep talking back. Remember we got your back.