Threw out the booze

I had an almost full bottle of wine from my last hangover day on Sunday. I threw it out this morning because I woke up with especially strong cravings. Not sure if anyone has had a craving like this but it’s just like I can picture the tingle of the alcohol going down my throat and the relaxed feeling I get right after. I’m really missing that this morning.

2 Likes

It took a while to learn to love it. It will take a while to learn to un-love it. Choosing to pour it out was a great step. Today, make conscious choices to avoid things that make you want to drink and places where you could get alcohol.
Best,
Chandler

8 Likes

Romancing the drinking/using is dangerous territory. Try letting those thoughts go as soon as they crop up. Envision what you want to do, how you want to be, what you want to accomplish in sobriety. Are you working a recovery program?

3 Likes

I haven’t joined a recovery program because I’m just admitting to myself that I have a serious problem
that will definately be something I will consider. I’m just going through this akward phase where I beat myself up mentally for even getting to this point

1 Like

The urges are always the worst part but you did something you needed to do and I’m so proud of you:)

1 Like

@Vane225 check out phase 3 and 4

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

@Vane225 I used to salivate when thinking about drinking hard liquor. So weird.

Thank you i needed to read this i am extremely emotional right now, while I was busy at work i was ok. But now that it’s just meat home i cant stop thinking about drinking, I think im a just go for a jog I need to sweat this craving out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have cravings like that too. I gave into it on Sunday with wine & was nauseated all day Monday. Now I’m going to remember that nausea when I think of wine. Good luck & stay strong! You did the right thing!

2 Likes

I’m trying to think of nausea myself too, I’m tired of having to stay home most weekends because I’m soo sick from a hangover, I have been repeating this cycle for years. I feel like once I start drinking I spend most of the day making sure that I drink enough to get me black out drunk. And most times I will forget to eat all day which leads to me feeling even worse.

1 Like

When I first got sober I would salivate if I saw a beer commercial or people were drinking in a TV show. If it was physically in front of me in the first few weeks of sobriety I’d have to look away and try not to get a whiff. I felt like a dog with a hunk of meat dangling in their face, drooling all over the floor. :drooling_face:
So embarrassing!
It’s subsided now, thank god!

2 Likes

Lol same for me (it subsided), glad I’m not the only one!!!

1 Like

Due to how horribly bad my eyes are, I get severe motion sickness wear my glasses in car etc. Drove across Atlanta Sunday, about an hour and a half trip.
Sunday felt.exactly like a hangover. Dizzy, nauseated, “no legs”. I told the wife, "Oh yeah, another reason I don’t drink anymore."
Perfect reminder of how not “romantic” alcohol was.
Best,
Chandler

1 Like

I’m going to remember that nausea when I think of wine. :nauseated_face:

This makes me want to cry.