Tough road

Today I sober cabbed for a bunch of my past college roommates. I’ve been able to be around alcohol and not get the urge to drink but it is just beyond difficult to do exactly the opposite of what 99% of the people I know does every week. What a difficult battle this is. It’s more mental than anything, to just tell yourself that you are right for what everybody else is NOT doing. It’s hard not to sit here and question myself about living in sobriety. In the end I understand why I am doing this, how my happiness is number one, that more than likely others are jealous and envious that I’m able to remain sober…but it just shouldn’t be this difficult to live this type of lifestyle in the world we live in. Poisoning our bodies with alcohol and even tobacco should not be the norm… day 168 treated me poorly but I’ll live to see 169 tomorrow.

6 Likes

I’m at a party right now with all my good friends from highschool and everyone is drinking besides me. I feel you, it’s hard to resist when it seems so normal to drink with friends, but I know the inevitable outcome even if I do drink and have a good time tonight, within a few weeks I will be back at it in full force. It’s a rough journey sometimes that’s for sure.

7 Likes

Hi @Ryang. I sympathize with you, and I’m sure many others do. I try not to hold it against others and society for making drinking so normal. If most of us could drink “normally” we probably would - even if it is a slow poison. But for some reason a certain % of drinkers get addicted, others don’t. It’s something to accept over time.

1 Like