Vent here as needed

Sounds like a great idea @Fubar84 !!! :triumph:

1 Like

Dido! Staying busy is key! Boredom can so easily be a trigger.

2 Likes

OMG, I wish you had an opportunity to cyber-slap her! That’s like a really crude thing to say to someone trying to stay sober. :rage:

I’ve yet to find any other forums like this, I think I’m ok with just you guys. But I have googled a lot with regards to finding more information about this disease we call addiction and mainly alcoholism. Found some handbooks and such, not all helpful but my mission was to understand more about why we become addicts and how to live a clean life. Don’t know what you’re searching for spesifically but as always; google has the answer :wink:

2 Likes

Bloody hell what a cow. Thats terrible, it makes me angry that someone who should know better would make such a stupid remark…

1 Like

You vented in the right place…

1 Like

Hey @Oliverjava

Thanks for the suggestion. I can try and work something like that into the next feature update I do for Sober Time.
I’m very busy with Sober Time for iOS now, though. It’s taking up the little free time I have.

Would you mind posting this, and any other improvements/requests in this topic?

Oh and yeah, be careful of those recovery sites. A lot of them are just trying to hook you into their recovery program and get some money out of you. Definitely looks like what she was trying to do. They also try and take advantage of addicts who are often desperate and in a bad state

3 Likes

Reset…here is to 6secs. Drank at an Indian graduation party. Too much curry on their meats. Seemed like it was almost a game to see how hot and spicy you could eat. After eating lamb with some type of fire sauce on it…I was handed a beer to cool my American senses. “We give this to babies” one man said while laughing…shit…

1 Like

Doing well nearly into day six, however I am getting really bad anxiety, and also starting to almost imagine some of my past actions, I am staying strong but these feelings of impending doom are really hard to deal with, I know it will pass as everything does. But I am having my first moment (since joining forum). Currently trying to go to a positive place, emotions can be a BITCH!!! Hopefully this will pass soon and I can get on with it… DEEP BREATHS… Shine, Shine, Shine…

@Ozdownunder All things must pass… Stay strong and you will do it!! :trophy:

1 Like

Cheers - Just had some chocolate and a cigarette, seem to have a bit of a calming effect. Thanks @Nutrock :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey you have made a start and that is the most important thing to, I have in the past treated my partner like shit, however sometimes he has enabled me so it is a learning call for all of us. Try and not be to hard on your self. My partner has stayed with me for so long is because he knows what a devil the booze is, however I am lucky… you have to learn to forgive yourself as its a big part of the disease of addiction. 2 bottles of wine WOW that used to be my starting amount, when I was really bad 6 - 12 months ago I could do 6 bottles of wine in one go which is crazy, so thumbs up you are getting there, everything takes practice so baby steps… :smiley:

1 Like

Thankyou @Ozdownunder I don’t think there’s a worse feeling than the disappointment we feel in ourselves! You’re right I have made a start and I will try to be a bit kinder to myself! I’m going to buy myself an embroidery kit today. It’s a hobby I used to have and have given up cos it’s not easy sewing when drunk or coked up!!!

1 Like

There was a topic before you should read (Art as therapy) pretty interesting…and you can post pictures ect…

I’m at exactly 24hours again. Trust me your not alone. I’m trying to focus on the positive of being 13 days off drugs

4 Likes

@Ash your doing real well. Keep it up !!! Your doing yourself proud…

1 Like

Thank you very much for your encouragement. Everyday is a new day and I’m not failing until I wake up and stop trying.

1 Like

My pleasure!!! Way to go!!! You are so right!!!

@Nutrock
I’m glad the dealer was out and the only regret you have is experiencing the power of our manipulative nature!
All we can do is learn from that and use that towards our next weak moment…
@Ash
Your going to do just fine, the struggle is real but so is your will power and your want to fight!

Stay strong…stay sober!

2 Likes

Day 4 here and sleep has really been eluding me. Plus whenever I do sleep it’s vivid messed up dreams of my ex. Shit is really messing with my head. But staying sober is my only option to really figure out who I am. Stay strong people!

1 Like

@Tyler_Neal_Carlson

Stay strong…it will pass, believe me!
I never used to dream because i always blacked out drunk but the first few weeks of being sober i hated going to sleep…wicked, wicked dreams of things i can’t even explain!
I think it was my mind dealing with things i shoved under the rug for years all coming back to me at once…but it passed and now i sleep like a baby!