Vitamins to help

Hi all, can any recommend the best Vitamins to help get over not drinking. I think I read vitamin B ( not sure which one ?) for the tiredness. Anything else you take to help the body heal?
Thanks, D

I could nominate @Bill_Phillips who is a source of knowledge on these things. But yes I think vitamin b12 is a big one as it reduces the amount of B12 you are able to absorb when you drink alcohol so can become deficient.

Im also taking omega 3 fish oils and a multivitamin

2 Likes

I took emergen-c to get vitamins in my early detox. I feel it helpped alot and of course no one can say it enough hydrate… hydrate… hydrate…

2 Likes

Fabulous thanks so much

1 Like

Thanks - I am not drinking enough water and I think this is what makes me feel horrible in the AM when waking.

Excellent thanks for the reply and link.

Here’s another thread from the forum. It’s pretty comprihensive. Don’t forget there’s a search bar. Top right of your home screen:)

When choosing supplements, I would suggest going to an actual health food or supplement store. You get what you pay for unfortunately. There are so many multivitamins out there that have such a hard casing on it that most people’s digestive tracts cannot break it down and you end up passing it before absorbing any of it. I’ve taken a lot of X-rays on my patients and found their multi hanging out in their colon.

Get a good quality one. Also, as has been said here by @Bill_Phillips , omega-3’s are super important for their anti-inflammatory effects on your system. Once again, consider the quality of the supplement. A good fish oil pill should not have any fishy taste to it.

Thank you very much - I had no idea about the casing . Makes complete sense.

1 Like

Thank you I will read this.