What did I miss?!

I missed yall so much…came back early. Been kicking ass in recovery but I need my peeps :slight_smile: What’s your good news? What blessings have happened in your sobriety?

9 Likes

Welcome back. I had something really amazing happen tonight. We have some dear friends who have been hit hard these past few months. Our friend miscarried and then a few weeks later her mom died. We decided last minute to have them over for dinner.

My friend and I talked about her struggles and she confided in me that she has been drinking a ton and taking xanax. I shared with her my recovery journey and shared where i was 196 days ago and that i could no longer drink. I had not shared this with her before.

She and I hugged and cried together. I am going to take her with me to a meeting this coming Friday. She needed to share her struggle with alcohol with someone. It was amazing to be able to share with her my story and comfort her. She has always felt like my little sister so now we will be sober sisters too.

11 Likes

I teared up reading this. Very powerful. So grateful u both have one another

1 Like

@marsha that is beautiful. We sober sisters need to stick together.

1 Like

Welcome back! @Melrm!

1 Like

Blessings, pah.
You missed a whole lot of my complaining, lol. Welcome back!!! You were extremely missed! :blush:

1 Like

@Elisabeth nah…I read your posts to catch myself up…I feel ya sober sister

I set down baggage of a 20 year resentment. This person came back into my life 10 days ago and ended up bringing me roses to represent a new start…wow, just wow.
My husband and I got the opportunity to move to a bigger and nicer place. Blessing.
My stress level isn’t what it used to be, no drama in my life today, I’m learning to forgive myself

3 Likes

Congrats on the bigger place, that’s awesome!!!

Housewarming party with Martinelli’s, what what! :wink: :dancer:

1 Like

You were certainly missed Melrm - good to see you’re back!

1 Like

Yay! Welcome back @Melrm :smile:

1 Like

It was truly amazing. When we shared our stories it was so liberating and healing. She is such a wonderful person and I know she has been hurting. It was a watershed moment for us both.

2 Likes

Welcome back @Melrm!!

1 Like

Hey @Melrm! Welcome back. Great to hear from u

1 Like