Why does it feel like this?

Why do i feel like I’m the only person to ever go through this even though i know others like you guys have so much to offer.
Starting again in the morning and i really want to succeed and i want to believe other people want to help but I find it hard.

2 Likes

Really sorry you’re feeling alone @Des. Have you joined any support groups? There’s a great thread here you can search for called “Different Aspects of Recovery” There are So many tools out there. You can find what works best for you. Just try to give them an honest fair chance and remember no matter what tools you use it will probably be very uncomfortable, especially in the beginning.
Please believe other people want to help, you are not alone here, and you can succeed at this.

2 Likes

Before thinking of taking that drink, stop on in here, there are so many supportive ppl here, its amazing!! One day at a time my friend

4 Likes

u got this one day at a time!!

1 Like

Hi @Des, you are definitely not alone! We are all struggling to do this, some days are much easier than others. If it’s not working so far, try looking for more support or ideas - here or elsewhere, but change things up and have a plan in place.

2 Likes

@Des Yes, we are all going through various degrees of recovery here and are more than willing to help you in anyway we can. Here’s the link for different issues you may be going through and the solution. You can do this…be patient and love yourself into sobriety, a day (and a moment) at a time.

Different Aspects of Recovery

Also, The Recovery Book, is a big help answering questions you may have. You can find it on Amazon.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. I might be needing to talk to you all a bit over the coming days for guidance.
I guess some people do care after all, which is a real nice feeling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feel free, one of us are always here for you. I had my first difficult day since detox, but came right home and jumped on here!!

2 Likes

Hey @Des. I felt the same way. Like I was some kind of outcast who couldn’t handle his alcohol anymore and that nobody would understand how I was thinking. I thought I was the only one who physically needed to drink in order to feel better. That is definitely not the case. There are thousands of people who have gone through our same situation and probably even had worse experiences. The good thing is that you are still here and trying your best to beat this b.s. hang in there

5 Likes

Thats a big help steve. Thanks mate

@Des One thing I love about AA is that they all tell my story to some extent. My first thought was, “this is a damn cult!” My second thought was, “oh wait, they’re all like me.” Lol.

Very humbling, but also very reassuring that I’m an alcoholic and no different or more special then anyone else in those rooms and in this forum. Damn skippy.

4 Likes