Worried and cant sleep

I Have noticed a red hue to my urine lately and its kind of freaking me out. I am making a dr appointment first thing tomorrow :confused: trying not to let this trigger meā€¦ i would always go to booz when i thought anything was wrong with me. rought night thats for sure. Not going to get any sleep unless i just pass outā€¦ feel weird telling this to the world but im just worried. and of course when you webmd anything, the worst possibilities come up. ugh!

Yeah, donā€™t ever self diagnose online. ā€œIt could be thisā€¦ Or it could be cancer.ā€ Thatā€™s WebMD in a nutshell basically. See your doctor, theyā€™re a professional and will help you more than WebMD or some strangers on the internet. Try to relax, youā€™re going to find out tomorrow and worrying about it one speed up the diagnosis nor change what you may or may not have, if anything may even make it worse. Relax.

2 Likes

Hi @Steve92. I just googled it myself. Lol.

I wouldnā€™t assume that itā€™s anything serious. Even stuff that we eat can cause those effects.

Let us know what the doctor says. Weā€™re there for you. And thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Did you get that appointment sorted out @Steve92?

@Charlesfreck I passed out at like 7am after I took out my dog and didnā€™t wake up til I had to go to work at 4pm :confused: gona have to call tomorrow. Very rough night and day, all I could think about was how better I could feel if I go to the bar tonight since I donā€™t have work tomorrow. All day nonstop cravings

1 Like

And I just got pulled overā€¦ I was honestly dialing my sponsorā€™s number and the cop pulled me over for being on my phoneā€¦ he is behind me now -.- what a day

That is a crappyā€‹ day alright. Stay strong @Steve92! Best of luck with all the stuff you are dealing with today

You didnā€™t eat an beets. It doesnā€™t cause pain. It doesnā€™t cause the urine to have a bad odorā€¦ Iā€™m no urologist, but Iā€™ve had to see one for 3 decades. Drink more water? When I canā€™t sleep I take a non-habit forming sleep aid. Sleep well tonight!

1 Like

I hope everything is okay @Steve92! Sending good thoughts your way. I am in the middle of a health scare also with a mass on my ovary. It was diagnosed as a hemorrhagic cyst 5 months ago but itā€™s gotten larger and causes me a lot of pain so theyā€™re doing another ultrasound tomorrow to check and see if I need an MRI. Itā€™s been scary but it helps me to remember that panic and worry are not going to change a damn thing and drinking sure as heck wouldnā€™t help. Try and remind yourself that alcohol would be very hard on your kidneys, especially if something is going on that will need some medical attention. Take deep breaths and try your best not to worry until you know have reason to. :heart:

1 Like

I am sorry, that is shit luck and I know seems universally unfair given everything youā€™re trying to do. Just try to remember nothing will get better if you give into the cravings. Symptoms may get worse and you will feel ten times worse - guaranteed. Try to sleep and wake up to a new day where you can hopefully get to the dr and get some reassurance.
I finally went to the dr on Monday after avoiding it since Nov, I had workef myself up so much googling symptoms and was relieved all of my tests came back and all is well. It was enough of a scare to solidify why I need to stay sober.
Anyway you are always so supportive on here, this is a bump in the road and will pass as all things do. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

Oh boy, exhausted, worried, the police, no sleep and cravings - thatā€™s one giant heap of crap to land on top of you!
At least with so many days of sobriety now you know drinking wonā€™t do anything at all to help you or the situation. Get your appointment and use your day off to get out and do things you enjoy Steve, you deserve it!

2 Likes