#1 day sober

Hey everyone I’m New to this site I’ve been battling addictions for 9 years. Just looking for people in the same boat as me. Also advice. Thank you

15 Likes

Hello, welcome to the site Jai 1.
Well done on realising your addiction battle, the first thing we all have to do is recognise it and open up.
Day one today, day 2 tomorrow.

This is day 15 for me and if I can do 14 day and still counting than you can too friend.

One day at a time though.
Keep at it.
You’re on a site that has many friends that you haven’t met yet, but you will along the way.
You’re on the right road.

4 Likes

Hey thank you so much. I must admit it was nerve racking seeking help. But I’m in a better mind frame already for opening up. Thank you again for your reply it means alot

2 Likes

Reach out here to anyone any time, the chances are high that one of us will have a similar experience and we are all on this road together to help each other.

1 Like

Thank you so much, can I ask you for some ideas, or advice on what you have been doing/watching to stay sober

1 Like

This is a great place if you are looking for help with staying sober. Welcome to the forum @Jai1 !
Feel free to look around and ask questions. There are so many amazing people out here willing to help.
I wish you all the best on your journey getting sober! :v: :muscle:

3 Likes

I appreciate your reply thank you. I’m looking forward to changing my old habits especially with the support of this app

1 Like

Hi and welcome here :raising_hand_woman:
My tip would be: read loads here, there is so much good info to find about recovery on this app. How to do it and how not to :sunglasses:
Try everything, keep the things that work and skip those who don’t. Make yourself you’re own recovery program.
That’s how I did it, sober for more then 3 years now.
See you around!

4 Likes

Awesome thank you so much and 3 years woww that’s so inspirational good work, i can’t wait to be able to say that :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome Jai :green_heart:

1 Like

I’m on day one. Nearly had an anxiety attack at the DMV and would have come home and had a drink. Cleared all alcohol from my home yesterday. Getting on here and reading other’s struggles and insights really helped. Going to make some tea, read some fantasy (it’s my brain candy) and keep going.

6 Likes

Hey k_2 congratulations on making the first day. You should be proud. We are all in this battle together. I’ve completed my day 2. And can’t wait to keep count them sober days :grinning:

2 Likes

A higher power doesn’t have to be a god or any kind of spirit of your understanding

My higher power is my mum. I believe I can behave and live the way she would want me to, my faith is to make her proud.

We all just have to make it work for ourselves.

1 Like

Welcome! See the Welcome thread for good threads to start. You can use the search bar / magnifying glass for keyword search :orange_heart:

I’m new too and on Day 3 :heart_eyes::raised_hands: Congratulations on taking the step and joining, it’s my first experience on a forum like this too and I’ve found it mega supportive and insightful.

Yesterday was a tough day but I stayed on the forum in between work meetings to keep my head in the right place, so many wonderful folks here ready to support and advise.

Best of luck on your journey!:partying_face:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone!! Day #3 and feeling positive… have a good day

2 Likes

Congratulations man you got this!

1 Like

Hi jai im in the same boat as you day 5 for me been on and off here since feb 2020 i think it was, caught in this cycle for the last 6 years thats when i realised i really had a problem, started going to aa in july its been a slow burner for me but since the beginning of the year ive had more and more sober days than ever before, im hoping that this time i can keep it going, feel more positive, im checking in every day reading posting and keeping a diary, i know its not aĺl going to be easy and there will be times im tempted but hope to remain strong in my resolve that alcohol has brought me nothing but pain mostly over the last few years the fun is gone ,i watch alot of stuff on YouTube, its good to see theres other people struggling out there and keeping on here gives me motivation to get through this hoping to smash my 21 days soon ,we can do this

1 Like