1 full week sober!

I’ve been sober a whole week now and I feel great, I used to drink 2- 3 bottles of wine a day and was really depressed, but there has been such a difference in my mood. I’m walking around half smiling without even realising it, I want to get out and do more, and I have more appreciation for things like hot showers, chocolate, etc. The last time I did this, it wasn’t the same because I ended up smoking more weed, basically replacing the alcohol. But I haven’t smoked in months, (I only have a bit occasionally now) so I have done it properly this time. Can honestly say, this is the best thing I’ve ever done.

8 Likes

Well done @Chels2017, keep smiling :slight_smile:, have a great week!

@Chels2017 Awesome job!

Brace and prepare yourself, the wine witch will begin to whisper to you! Keep a bucket around to drink and throw at the witch!

Keep pushing through you got this!

Thanks guys :smile: @Shattered_dreams the wine witch has already whispered to me but I’ve been ignoring her, and telling myself I don’t want all my hard work to go to waste. It might sound weird but I have four bottles of wine in my house, that I keep there because it makes me feel as if I have more of a choice, and sets me more of a challenge. Also, I don’t want to be one of those people who have to leave a place if others are drinking, so I’ve been to 2 pubs already and have managed to have a nice time just drinking orange squash lol. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t deal with being around a really drunk person, then I would have to leave.

Congratulations… keep on going .
I have a week also 7 full days. Not in the greatest of spirits past couple days. Working on turning that around. First outpatient Rehab group today. 11-12 then Dr. maybe AA or NA for dessert. :grimacing:

That’s so great, it will only get better, with some crappy moments too I’m sure, but overall it’s worth it!