1 year / 365 days sober or driehonderdvijfenzestig dagen nuchter!

A whole f- year of soberness! It is like I was drunk yesterday or I had never drank at all. Strange.
I could not have done this without the help of a lot of you! Thank you all.
I started this time for real (again) in December 2016 and relapsed after my dad died end of februari 2017. The forum helped me so much to be kind to myself. I was not alone. I was not the weird one (who are you calling normal? @melrm said).
I got my grip back on July 8, 2017. The night before I had ‘some’ wine and was crying over nothing. I remember that night and the feeling of disgust so well! The first days, weeks, months I had to reed everything you guys wrote to convince and motivate myself I was doing the right thing.
And now…… I am funnier, smarter and kind when sober, I noticed. The same sarcastic Karin, but not only the dark look on things. My head is clear. My skin looks so healthy. A lot of good things are on my way.
I am still very very aware of my alcoholic brain and scared to try a glass. So I will keep on track… I hope… I want…
So. Just for today, my checklist is full, but
I will keep on counting.
Do we have a coffee date at July 8, 2019? Love Karin/Lola

17 Likes

Thanks Bill, you belong to my support team from the beginning :v:

1 Like

What a wonderful achievement! Congratulations on your transformative year. I am thankful for your sharing and insights over time. You rock!

1 Like

how fantastic!!! inspiring! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! :hibiscus:.:heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd.

This is amazing @Lola it has been wonderful to see you progressing, keep going. Thank you for sharing with us.

2 Likes

I am so damn happy for you!

1 Like

Congratulations! You did it too, on July 7 2017 I started again after a relapse of 3 weeks… I started a Treatment again and went to NA meetings. In the beginning that was strange for me but I am glad that I kept going to meetings, got in contact more with fellows and asked for help when I need the most. Could look to myself in a honest way and kept on working hard in order to fight for a better life. Still searching for better balanceren but still growing and enjoying life :-). One year clean, what an achievement for me. Proud and grateful , also glad I found NA.
Just for today , going for the next day.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! Your hard work has totally paid off!! Keep up the amazing job! You are an inspiration to me!

1 Like

Nice I spotted the 400 club. I will knock on that door in a few weeks :dancer:

1 Like

Congrats!!!

1 Like

365 days of getting better at getting better!

2 Likes

Woohoo!! Great job! If you can do this, you can do anything!!

1 Like