1 year and 3 months sober

Hello everybody.

I can’t believe I am 458 days sober today! I can’t believe how normal my life became to be! I am very happy for myself!
I’ll never stop being grateful for the decission I made 1 year and 3 months ago. It was the best decission ever and I haven’t regret it since.
Sobriety is beautiful, amazing, powerful and better than I could have ever imagine. I would never go back to that darkness of drinking time. There was nothing good for me…

Today I am a different person and today I have a choice who I want to be. It is magical. It is miracle of life :heart:

26 Likes

Amazing & beautiful story!! Congrats!

1 Like

Hey congrats and good work. You must really have wanted it bad to be doing so great. Don’t get complacent. Good luck.

1 Like

Congrats, Jana! That’s awesome.

1 Like

Congratulations! Who knew normal could be so good!

2 Likes

Congratulations!! It’s amazing how much better one decision can make our entire lives. Keep up the good work :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Jana!! What a wonderful thing to see you here and read of your 1 year and 3 months!! So very happy for you!! :heart: You are a strong person!!

1 Like

Thank you all for support and nice words! I really appreciate it and it’s this community who was at the very beginning of my journey :heart:

@Jennajen @cwak @BPD @EarnIt @Sunflower1 @Nordique @SassyRocks

4 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration. This Thanksgiving holiday has been a bit moody6th. Keep it up.

1 Like

Congratulations Jana!

1 Like

That last picture really struck me. I’ll have to think about that one… Thanks for sharing it, and congrats on 458 days :blush::tada:

1 Like

I really love what it says. I forgave myself everything and I take it as a part of my journey. As drunk I did many mistakes and stupid things. But I must accept it. Fortunately it no longer describes my personality and that’s what matters the most :blush:

2 Likes

What an incredible accomplishment! :rocket: I’m very new to the group and sobriety itself, but seeing all of these successes are truly inspiring.

1 Like

Hi Steve.

Welcome here. I hope that you’re going to love this amazing journey and it will motivate you to stay on the path of sobriety :wink:
Would you like to share something about yourself?

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Congratulations :clap:

2 Likes

Well, I as of tonight I have 6 full days sober so I’m very grateful for that.

6 Likes

Congratulations.
I’m not far behind you in sobriety, I have 449 days. It also looks like we were both born in '88. We both have a whole life ahead of us and doing it sober is so much better. Take care and remember to share your smile.

3 Likes

6 days is awesome, keep it up. It only gets easier and better everyday.

1 Like

Hello Suzanne! :hugs:
Yes, I was born in July '88 and I started drinking about age 15-16 until August '19. As many of us I had no idea about having issue for most of my drinking period. I couldn’t see the difference between normal drinkers and me and you know, I surrounded myself mainly with people who also had/have a drinking problem…

You’re right, I sometimes think “What a waste of time! Why nobody didn’t tell me that what I do is not ok?” Although it’s lie because some people were telling me but I obviously never listened :smile:
But then I see other people who stopped drinking and they stopped far away beyond my age. I am blessed. I am blessed because I still have over a half of life in front of me (god bless me) and I am enjoying it too. It’s not that I would finally put the drink down and live every day of my life in some kind of battle, fighting cravings, avoiding triggers, not drinking but having the idea of it in my head for 24hours, using my willpower to resist… I kinda admire these people because I couldn’t do it this way. It’s torture.

So I was reborn in last year August and since then I am living much better life! I am finally happy and freedom. Very freedom! In my body and in my mind :four_leaf_clover:I’m glad that somebody else experiences the same :blush: I can imagine nothing better than sober life for myself.

The 16 years long experience was tough one and very dark but now it’s getting paid. Because unlike normal people I know the difference between hell and life and so I’ll always choose life :heart:
I am strong, confident and cured :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes