1 year sober challenge

Hi I have been struggling with alcohol for 10 to 15 years now
I got my permanent visa approved last year and I quit my hospitality job 2 weeks after
I had periods of sobriety for 2 or 3 or 4 months since but now I want to totally let it go and leave alcohol for good…
My problem Is that I forget after a while that I made the decision to get ride of alcohol in my life so I’m going to post every day for me as a reminder that this is the new me and that I made my decision for good
It’s my way to keep it simple one day at the time
Also this is my 2 second day sober

13 Likes

Welcome to TS.
Maybe you want to join people on the 100 sober challenge here to start with smaller goals.

:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Welcome to TS. I look forward to seeing your updates.

Here’s our very active daily check-in, in case you get lonely over here:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

Also have a good look around the resources to aid and support your recovery:
Resources for our recovery

Good luck! It can be done, but you gotta do it!

3 Likes

Whatever works for you, we are all different in the way we deal with a life of sobriety. Listen to your mind heart, and soul.

1 Like

Hi Guys day 3 for me
I want to change and will do what needs to be done for the old me to died and new me living
No more excuses
No more bad choices regarding alcohol
It’s a poison and I’m ready to crave it as long as it need to be but I will never going back to it
One day at the time

3 Likes

Some great advice here…i also start my day with the Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4.

I am now on my third leg of the 100 day challenge. I keep at it as a motivation.

Glad to see you so motivated. Do you have support irl? Are you making any changes in your daily routine (to keep you busy and distracted when urges hit). Are you going to any aa meetings (in person or on line).

I find myself to be super active on this site - reading around and participating as much as i can. I have found the site and all the people here to be super supportive and a healthy distraction.
Grateful to be on this journey with us.

3 Likes

I used to go to AA but it’s not for me some people need a support group like AA I don’t think I do
I met people who drinks to much for decades and one day just stopped Because they decided it …
Everyone is different as long people learn a way who work good for them

1 Like

I personally only have this place and my family as my support system. Totally agree that everyone is different and you need to find what works best for you.
Glad to see you started this thread for your daily check ins.

2 Likes