1 year sober- no alcohol!

The time has come where I get to say I’ve been SOBER for 1 YEAR!! Today marks a huge achievement for me, this has been the longest I have gone without drinking, since I started drinking, when I was 16. As I reflect on this last year, I had TONS of hardships that I was able to over come without alcohol!- crazy to say that. Even when I had major anxiety, I pushed through, sober, confronting my demons head on. I am thankful to experience my thoughts through a clear mind. Alcohol affects my brain differently, hang overs are debilitating and brought on major depression and anxiety to the point I would shake uncontrollably and feel worthless. Being sober has eased so much of my mental exhaustion, even though i still struggle with depression and anxiety by taking alcohol out of the mix i was able to trust myself and my perception again. Not everyday was/is easy and I have to actively keep sobriety at the forefront of my mind and choose to not pick up and take myself out of situations that make me want to. I set a goal and I accomplished it. I am so proud to say my consistency, determination and strength has got me to this point and no one can take that from me!

To anyone struggling with staying sober, the accomplishment and pride you feel when you set a goal and complete it makes it all worth it. Also knowing you arent hurting others in along the way is just an amazing relief… Keep pushing and know you’re not alone in the fight. Even when you feel like no one understands you and your struggles, find it in you to know that you ARE strong enough over come this debilitating disease. And more importantly you are WORTH IT.

69 Likes

Congratulations! That is awesome!

1 Like

Congrats on your 365 Days :tada::tada::tada::+1::raising_hand_woman::partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations! It really is a GREAT achievement!

1 Like

Congrats and proud of you!:blush: I agree on setting goals! I think this app just makes us to be more accountable to ourselves, I’ve realized that in my 2 years of sobriety with alcohol too that I just reached as well.

3 Likes

Amazing well done you x

1 Like

Yes! This app and the support system that comes with it has been so very helpful to me and I appreciate it so much.Thank you for your support and congratulations on your 2 years sober! Proud of you too! Keep up the great work :clap: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Amazing!! Huge congrats!! :grin::grin::tada::tada:

1 Like

Sincere CONGRATULATIONS!

Year One is such a great milestone
images (37)

2 Likes

Congratulations to you on 1 year of sobriety! Keep on ODAAT

1 Like

Congratulations on your 1 year :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations! :clap:t2::clap:t2::ok_hand::two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations on 365 days!!!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I wish I could like this 100 times :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations on one year, that’s awesome!

1 Like

Amaaaazing!! :raised_hands: :100: 1 year sober!! What an incredible achievement. You are SO courageous and strong. Very happy for you :blush: well done!

1 Like

Thank you all so very very much. I appreciate all the support and kind words from everyone, more than you know! :heartpulse::heartpulse:

2 Likes

Very nice Ray.
Congratulations on your 1 year goal.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Concratulations!! 1 year is awesome!! :confetti_ball::tada::facepunch:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 365 days! Thanks for your share! Gives hope for a future with extended sobriety. :sunflower::hibiscus:

1 Like