10 days sobre

Today is the first time in 15 years, that I have remained sober for 10 days. Throughout these 10 days its been internal warfare saying no to the drink, but everyday my “no” gets stronger and louder than yesterday and the day before. Today I’m greatful for giving myself 10 days off from miseries, regrets, anxiety and crap. In addition, I’m thankful to everyone sharing their journeys on here, for I have found solace, strength and hope within your words.
Have a great day everyone

11 Likes

Congrats buddy :slight_smile: one day at a time will make the difference, once you go through withdrawal symptoms you will notice every once in a while a crave for it, but if you go deep into it and start asking yourself questions you will notice that it has an answer to why are you feeling like that.

I’ve done bunch of craps in the past 8 years, and i’ve been sober for a year and a week, and i still remember my first month, where i just had a lot of sht going on through my head, but when you start feeling that those things wont come up as often as in the begining, you can stop just saying “NO I WONT USE” and start thinking about why you feel those cravings. Maybe something happened in the past week or two and you want to drink because of that.

What helped me a lot is having a shrink to talk my problems. I had one before getting sober but she cut off after i said i won’t stop doing drugs, so i had to find a new one and i got with a gestalthic shrink that’s specialized in drug abuse, and trust me, it REALLY does make a difference. Knowing you have someone to talk to about these things that will give a really good support about it relieves a lot of the burden you’re carrying with you.

Keep it up and don’t give up, when you feel like drinking question yourself if it’s really worth it feeling drunk but depressed rather than sober, with cravings, but improving on yourself, your self-care and your future :slight_smile:
Also you can try to wait 24 hours from the time you feel like you’ve given up with sobriety and you’re about to drink again, don’t let that impulsive fiend crack you up 'cause you’re stronger than that bs! And if you do relapse, don’t f…king give up! We all had ups and downs here but that doesn’t stop us from our recovery because we keep trying :slight_smile:

Good luck and stay strong :heart:

2 Likes

Great work. Keep it going.

2 Likes

That is so awesome! Keep it up. :blush:

2 Likes

@maxtrata Congratulations on 1yr and 1weeks sobriety that is a lot of inner strength. Thankyou 4 the heads up ur ryt I am becoming aware that a lot of my drinking is emotional I used it 2 celebrate, as well as to drown my sorrows either way I always ended up loosing.
Thank u @anon12657779 & @Salty as well 4 the support and encouragement :heart:

3 Likes

Great feeling isn’t it, keep it up!!
Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like