10 months today

I’ve been struggling with alcoholism for about 20 years. I’ve been in recovery for 3 years. Last year, I was doing my 12 steps and slipped when I was doing my 4th step. I used it as an excuse to drink. By the grace of God, I didn’t relapse. My sponsor, accountability partners and friends called me out on my shit. I realized that I was going right back down that path. That scary path that will only lead me to darkness. I don’t ever want to see that darkness again. I re-established in May of last year. I haven’t had a drink since. I won’t sit here and stay that it’s easy. I can tell you that it’s possible. This is the longest I’ve gone without a drink. There’s no turning back for me.

26 Likes

A big congratulations on 10 months!

2 Likes

Thank you!

You decided to be better, and for 10 months you’ve been getting better at getting better. Better today than you were yesterday, and tomorrow better still!

Keep getting after it.

1 Like

@Jette
Congratulations on 10 months!!!
You are 2 months shy of a year and should be extremely proud of your accomplishment!!!
Keep knocking 'em down. Great job!!!

1 Like

Thanks for all the encouraging words. It seems so surreal to me but here I am. I’ve been dealing with a lot shit in life but today I can choose NOT to drink.

2 Likes

tenor

1 Like

Congrats. In all of this, IDK where I would be without my sobriety. Nowhere good is for sure. Keep on trudgin!

:goat:

1 Like

Congratulations! It takes such strength to fight your way back. Ten months of working and appreciating all that sobriety can offer is amazing - especially now. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you all so much. I’m so glad to be back on this forum. I needed to hear words of encouragement.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I hope your journey continues to do you well!

1 Like

Congratulations! 10 months is great!! :trophy:
On your way to a whole year sober!!

3 Likes