10 Questions - Self Reflection

Please answer as many of these as you’d like…think of it as getting to know yourself better :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I just came across this list, so I need some time to think about it :thinking:

1 Like

Oh boy, this may take some time! :grinning:

2 Likes

#9 I used to “relax”/reward myself with drinking. I didn’t understand how relaxing in so many aspects of my life would change after I stopped drinking.

Now I relax by giving myself time to do nothing but watch Netflix or just sit with my kids and go along with anything they want to do. Holding myself to achievable standards (lowering them I guess) has helped me relax big time.

#5 I really love my sense of humor. It kinda ebbs and flows depending how depressed and dark my mood is. But it stays pretty dry and sarcastic regardless.

#2 so many boundaries! I’ve left a job due to a boss that constantly crossed hard lines. I’ve left a marriage that allowed for too many blurred lines. And I’ve created a handful of boundaries of what behavior I will and won’t accept from others.

#4 Letting go. Control. Stubbornness.

#8 I used to think money was stability. I’m trying to gain a more healthy perspective. This one’s hard for me…

#6 I honestly don’t know. Companionship?

#1 that I control nothing lol

#10 I don’t know. Fun implies more than one person I would assume. I hang out with my kids a lot. Talking and laughing with another person is fun.

#7 I try more and more to not work towards proving my worth to them anymore. But I love them and know they are human.

#3 gym. Grociers. Cleaning. Being outside. Good food and Netflix.

3 Likes
  1. I have learned that I do not need alcohol for any of the prior reasons that I thought I did need alcohol.
  2. I’m an open book with most people and way too trusting. But once I smell a hint of a lie or deception, they’ve lost my trust and are not likely to get it back. Also, don’t look at my kids cross-eyed. Or we will have trouble.
  3. Just one day? Bummer, I want a week. I would go surfing, even though I don’t surf. I did it twice and it was as close to nirvana as I’ve been. (Or does this mean in My actual real daily life?lol)
  4. I am working mostly on my physical health, as it is closely tied with my mental state, motivation, energy, productivity, outlook, everything, etc.
  5. I think that I am genuinely nice and highly empathic, but who knows!
  6. Depends, so many different answers here. If meaning friendship or romantic, then 2 people or a group of people who have the fortune to meet, genuinely care about one another, support one another and trust each other, all to a common goal, happiness.
  7. My father is my hero, my confidant, my biggest fan and the person who I would like most to be like. My mother abandoned me when I was 6. I talk or text with my dad daily. I haven’t seen my mom in 42 years. She really did a number on me.
  8. I love having money as a means to security and peace of mind. I hate that not everyone has money. Poverty saddens my deeply.
  9. Quiet and solitude, cup of tea or coffee, reading, or watching sports on tv, or streaming a show.
  10. Travel, travel, travel or anything related to sport, exercise, movement or being outside.
5 Likes

Wirking through this list is going to be my weekend homework!! Thank you for posting this :heart:

3 Likes
  1. What have you learned about yourself this last year?

The universe owes me nothing. I am responsible for my own successes and shortcomings. I must keep doing better to achieve greater successes and fewer failings. I am ultimately responsible for my own happiness.

1. Do you have any boundaries in your life?

On the contrary, I’ve found I need less boundaries. Where I used to shut things/people out completely to create an empty “safe” space to drink and use drugs, by letting people in, I’m so much more fulfilled. I build boundaries when I find I need them and tear them down when they’re detrimental - It hasn’t always been easy to do but it’s definitely allowed me to open up in ways I never have.

1. If you have a day to yourself, how do you spend it?

I’m not so sure "a day to anyones’ self exist. Theres literally always something or someone that wants or needs me - these people and things are how I know where I belong in that moment.

1. What part of yourself are you working on?

Everything! I am one great big ball of human wreckage; I’m a work in progress and I’ve got til the day I die to figure all this shit out. As long as I dont put myself in deaths way, I’ve got all the time in the world :slight_smile: …and I expect that when I die, no matter how good I am at anything, I still wouldn’t have figured completely everything out!

1. What part of yourself do you love?

My pragmatist approach to life.

1. What do you think is the point of a relationship?

Theres always going to be aspects of ourselves that we cant fulfill alone. A relationship in my opinion is a separate entity that is bigger and more powerful than the 2 people within it are alone. The 2 entities within that relationship create and feed this 3rd entity which is a greater and more powerful combined than each person is alone. If both people put more in, the stronger the relationship will be and the more fulfilled each person will be. When we lose sight and stop looking after our relationships, we stop looking after both the people in them.

1. What role do your parents have in your life?

Guidance. No matter how much I thought I knew better than them in the past, I didn’t. They’re my elders; wiser than me, more experienced than me and have lived pretty much anything I could potentially live. They want the best for me. My parents, step-parents and I have a very strong and adult mutual respect and I’m very grateful to have them in my life.

1. What’s your relationship with money?

Money is a tool. A stepping stone. I care about it enough to obtain it because it’s the thing I need to trade in order to get the things I actually love. I have no sentimental attachment to money - I have a sentimental attachment to whatever it is that money allows me to do/get/own/achieve.

Treat it like a wrench… It may help you tighten up that bolt but remember that it isnt the wrench that’s important, the bolt is. Money will get me that guitar or that plane ticket but it’s the guitar and the plane ticket that’s most important, not the money it cost to get it.

1. How do you relax?

By finishing what Im doing to be best of my ability, looking back and saying “I did a good job of that!”. Before I can relax, I need to be relieved.

1. How do you have fun?

Fun is a reward that we give ourselves while we are relaxing. Before I can relax, I need to be relieved.

3 Likes

I need to screen shot and answer lol

1 Like

Good questions

1 Like

For those of you who would like to copy/paste the questions into your post:

1. What have you learned about yourself this past year?
  2. Do you have boundaries in your life?
  3. If you have a day to yourself, how would you spend it?
  4. What part of yourself are you working on?
  5. What part of yourself do you love?
  6. What do you think is the point of a relationship?
  7. What role do your parents have in your life?
  8. What’s your relationship with money?
  9. How do you “relax”?
  10. How do you “have fun”?
5 Likes

I couldn’t agree MORE with your #5 more. I struggle with having what I have and also trying to make more because of XYZ reason. Greed is so weird to me. So many people are suffering… How can someone have so much money and sleep at night… But I guess it’s easy for me to say since I don’t have much. Still at a loss of where financial stability ends and greed starts.

EDIT sorry left that crucial word out @ChicagoT

1 Like

Haha, no worries, I glossed right over that and knew what you meant :grinning:

1 Like