100 Days Sober- My Review

Wow, I really cant believe it. I wanted to make a post about my POV of how its been for me these past 3-4 months on my sobriety journey. Since I feel like im at a point a can do a synopsis on how I felt during it all, I hope my words can be if help to someone who is having a difficult time cutting drinking from their lives.

If you wanna read my somewhat “journal” post, its called "Gave in on Day #3

So, my insight:
I started on March 13th. I had a serious wine drinking problem. I kept telling myself I was drinking after stressful days at work to “relax”. The problem was, I was abusing the feeling it gave me and would drink to get drunk. Which is very easy for me bc I have a smaller body frame. It got to the point where I concerning my husband and friends and one night I got really bad at a friends house and chose to drive home. I felt horrible the next day for doing that and decided it was time to change

Relapsed on the 3rd day bc I came home from work stressed and didnt know how else to deal with the emotion. It was too early on for me to realize there are other ways. Next day, restarted my clock, and haven’t restarted it since and today is June 22nd

My advice:

1. ITS HARD. Like, really hard. There were soo many times where my anxiety and emotions would get to me and it was mentally exhausting trying to think of ways to relax without drinking. My vices: hot chamomille tea, ice cream, well…basically anything sweet. I craved it like mad but eventually that feeling subsided.

2. Let your body feel all the emotions youre feeling. Its gonna really suck, trust me. But ride out the feelings without turning to drinking and your brain will eventually in time not crave it anymore when you are going through a hard time. Im an emotional person so its theraputic for me to cry and let out that emotion im feeling bc weirdly, I feel alot better after.

3. You will enjoy life more, I promise. I honestly feel more optimistic about life, in general. Wayy better sleep, eating more (in a healthy way, I used to barely eat due to my anxiety), which goes to say im barely anxious anymore, which was a daily occurance. More focused on my goals and just really happy :slight_smile:

All and all, if you read all this, I hope this helped someone and its hard to beat but if you want to make the change in your life and are serious about it, you have to force yourself to go through it and its alot easier once youre on the other side <3

21 Likes

Congrats Geneva ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this thoughtful post and congrats on 100 days!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! You gave me hope. I have a little more than a month sober and although I feel better I sometimes feel lousy. Your post was like a lantern far ahead of me and I want to go to the lake! Thanks again

3 Likes

Thank You for this post. I am almost through my first 30 days and I’m struggling. I’m noticing a craving for savory things. I was feeling guilty but now I feel better about it.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 100 days!!! And thanks for sharing your experience!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing! And congratulations on your milestone :two_hearts:

1 Like