11 am is a good time

Well, this isn’t my first time in the rooms. Barely making it to my 12 hours of being sober. I literally got wasted last night like I normally do, but this morning I woke up and I just laid in my bed, feeling like utter shit. Still drunk with a mass headache and my kids are starting to run around and my 10 month old crawling all over me and my partner still passed out next me. It’s barely 0700.

I wake my partner up and and we attempt to drink coffee until we both break and he goes get two tall cans of Budweiser. We consume the beer and felt like I still need something to ‘help’ balance my drunkness out. My friend left some wine from last night’s party so we both had a glass before I decided I just needed water.

I’m 34 and I’m tired of waking up feeling like shit almost every morning. I’ve haven’t been to a meeting in 4 years where I had almost 2 years under my belt. So, here I go again.

2 Likes

Thanks for coming back. Keep trying. Its worth it. It’s very hard but you’ve made the right choice to try again.

1 Like

Thank you.

So pleased your here and wanting to change. I remember so well that feeling of wanting to quit but still waking every morning to do my drug of choice. So pleased your getting into the rooms to get help . Give it a few days and your start to feel better. Keep reading and reaching out on here were all here to help eachother through our recovery x good luck x

Thank you. It’s been a struggle to get here again and admit to myself that I have need the clean my shit up for my family.

1 Like

Keep trying. When you feel like drinking again look at your kids, your 10 month old and say you can do this. My babies need me. Stay strong.

I’ve seen this just now because someone else has commented on this thread. Your post is quite old… Nearly a year. It made me so so so sad to read it. I pray to God that you and your partner found sobriety! It brakes my heart reading your toddler of 10 month, now almost a year older, is crawling over you guys in the morning and you totally drunk/hungover. Please please if you haven’t, get sober. For you! For your kids :pray::pray:

1 Like

Well, I went sober for a month and then started drinking again but not heavily, it was once a weekend a month. I’m back at starting the sober thing because even though i drink, i hate drinking.

6 Likes

Welcome back! Hopefully this will be the beginning of a sober year for you. Are you going back to AA? I couldn’t have done it alone.

Welcome back!! It just keeps going, doesn’t it? I am so glad you are back and working on sobriety. I hope you will stick around and find some helpful suggestions and support when needed here. This place has been my #1 support over the years. I know lots of people get solid support and community thru meetings as well, maybe that is something that interests you. You can do this.

1 Like

Welcome back :hugs::sunflower:

1 Like

Well done for getting back, too many people don’t manage it :pensive: looking forward to reading your progress :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks guys! Ive made to 24 hours sober so yay me! I forgot how rough the first 24 hours is but im doing okay.

7 Likes

Well done Holly!!! Keep going!!