11th August 2020 Day 2

So I found this App today after stopping drinking yesterday 10th August 2020.

I have been 104 days sober this year already then relapsed. I hate relapsing,I hate drinking. I can’t seem to be consistent at anything right now. I eat too much, start and stop exercise and so on.

Life is hard but I won’t give up. I consider myself blessed and I really want to stay that way and reach my full potential. But it8so bloody hard!

I have been to AA and got to the step where you find a sponsor, I do need one but I don’t know how to begin.

Then I found this app, keep trying new things.

I wish everyone well on here. My goal is to stop drinking and remain sober.

5 Likes

Welcome! Fall down three times, get back up four. Make the days count, one day at a time. Quality days are just as important as the quantity. Carpe Diem.

3 Likes

That’s always a good thing to do! It only have to click in ones! Learn from your relapse (what can you do to avoid a new one) and move on.
2 steps

3 Likes

welcome, I’m much like you as I have a bright idea and a couple of weeks later I’ve got bored of it and try something else but this community is the one constant that truly does help. As far as everything thing else goes remember you are looking for progress not perfection and it’s spiritual growth on a daily basis. Not religion, we don’t all have religion but no one can deny they have spirit (normally about a bottle a day :joy:). So one day of exercise is better than no days, one day for learning or meditation is better than no days, one day of eating healthy is better than no days… so guess what, one day of being sober…

3 Likes

I love this encouragement thank you, progress not perfection.

2 Likes

104 days?! You can do it! You already showed yourself that you can! I quit and restarted so many times in the last 19 years, I lost count :frowning: But two is a great start!! I started my sobriety this time with dieting. I quickly learned that it was best for me to focus on one thing at a time. Maybe it’s something to think about :slight_smile: I do best focusing and giving 100 percent on one thing. Good luck and big hugs!!!

1 Like

Well done on restarting. Yesterday was day 1 of the next stage in your journey and not square one. The fact you have got to day 2 shows your determination not to give up. Fall over, brush yourself down and carry on that much wiser.:pray:

welcome! I’ve only been here for a few days and being able to talk to people that can understand me has been a huge positive. Please reach out if you ever need a friend!