12 days sober off meth,(**caution**) now trying to get away from the booze

12 days clean from meth.

Now trying to get away from the booze…

Stepping from one habit to another. I see nicotine and alcohol as legal. . Except drinking everyday to take the edge off withdrawing from meth cravings and it’s bs has formed this new buzz habit each day…

Any advice or positive thoughts help through getting over one addiction and then slowly moving towards complete sobriety… For instance, so lll be able to say I stood away x amount days from meth annnnd booze…

I feel like I’m numbing myself but it helps with my social anxiety and feel more calm… I don’t know… :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face: I really miss my son… Been hearing his voice call to me, “mom.” Then I pick up my shot of schnapps or steele reserve beer I’m the am… This is unrealistic for me to hear him because he isn’t and hasn’t been around me… My doc recently prescribed me new meds from hearing voices/seeing things… So it’s like guilt/shame? Figment of the withdrawal from meth? Either way it all truly is unpleasant.

2 Likes

It sounds like withdrawal symptoms. I have read so many posts here from people who have suffered from severe anxiety and all have said it is less severe and less frequent when abstaining from alcohol. I would really really caution you against drinking alcohol, apart from the fact you could easily cross addict, a true addict can not afford to view alcohol as anything other than a drug from which they must abstain. I’ve never had a problem with alcohol but I know from others before me that it is not a good idea nor is anything that can alter my mood and thought processes which basically means all prescription medication also.
It is if course up to you what you choose to do but maybe put the drink down for now, your only at 12 days which is great but you are still vulnerable. If you still want to have the odd drink later on then fine but I worry it is way too early and you may be doing yourself way more harm than good. Just my honest opinion :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congrats on the 12 days sober from meth, Li. here’s to making progress even though it’s not perfection.

Sad to hear that you’re separated from your son. Where is he?

1 Like

His father… Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Li, hoping that you’ll get to see him soon.

1 Like

Thank you! me too!!!

His birthday is next week… :birthday::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like